Archived online training question and a small rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emilie

teammember123457
WHEN do i do my online training? I was supposed to do it last Friday, and even got it set up but then it was time for me to clock out, so I had to pause it and they told me that they'd help me continue on my next shift. I asked my TL and HR when do i continue it, because someone wanted to train me for registers, but nothing has happened yet and it's already been like 3 shifts later??? I don't want to push HR or anyone, because i know they're busy and everything, but will I ever get to do it?

I don't even have my username or password and always have to ask some random which I can tell they don't want to do it for me. I get paid on Friday and haven't even set up my direct deposit or anything like that. I probably am being that typical new kid which I get is irritating.
My face SCREAMS new girl and its kinda pathetic. but to be honest, i got such shit training and because of that i still don't know what the hell i'm doing half the time. and when i ask my TL or someone else in soft-lines, they give me attitude. i was told today that i had to do go-backs, which i was never taught how to do, and when i said "my trainer never told me how." and they just rolled their eyes and rudely explained how, and i did what they told me no other questions asked. SO MANY THINGS I WAS NEVER TAUGHT HOW TO DO DURING MY 3 DAYS OF TRAINING. this post would be way too long if i explained everything.

of course i ask, i know it wouldn't help if i didn't but just the way the soft-lines TL and other members act is just so snobbish and rude. I know i scream new kid, i get it. but at least i'm asking and trying to do the best i can. but the way they act makes me not want to ask questions.

This is what I hate about training at Target, it's always so shitty, and 98% of your training is done over time by yourself. You need computer training so I'd talk to your TL and then your HR, despite worries of being too busy. Someone's gotta help one of these days.

The computer training has a deadline, and your HR will need it to be completed. You should have a learning plan as well. It should help with what you haven't learned yet. Ask HR again about setting up a password, or, you could ask long standing tm for help.

You can setup your password on ehr. Your user name is Your tm#, then hit forgot password. Follow the directions. Be nice to hr, they are super busy right now. Just let your trainer or tl know that you need to do the online training done.
When I get trainees, that is one of the first questions I asked. Your cashier & online quizzes need to be done, before I train you on the floor. Yes, I will help you setup your password too.

Your username is in fact your TM number.

You can set up or change your password by opening Workbench and clicking "Forgot Password." They will ask for your TM number, last 4 digits of SSN, and birthday (MMDD) before giving you a temporary password. You log in using this temporary password. Then, it will ask you to change your password.

If you are still unable to log in, then you have to call CSC at (612) 304-4357and talk to a representative. They can make it so you can log in just fine.

Thanks
Hrlady

Are you seasonal? At my old store they didn't have seasonals do computer training often times.

The zebra login and ehr you can do on your own. Follow hardlinesmasters instruction.

I usually don't mind showing team members how to setup direct deposit but it's in the orientation packet how to do it yourself so you may want to be self sufficient there

I got everything figured out when it comes to my username and password stuff, thank you all for that.

but I'm still sort of confused about go-backs.

today I'm working fitting room operator, and I know I check my go-backs every 45 minutes but what if there's stuff in the cart that isn't for softlines? like say some stuff in there is for infant hardlines -what do I do exactly?

I know about the zoning and stuff because people are incredible and posted a thread for softlines and fitting room, so I just wrote it all down and I am going to take it with me to work today so I don't have to constantly bug others and make them mad, because I kid you not every time I ask they roll their eyes. and I'm never rude about it, I'm just a scared kid who doesn't know what they're doing half the time. but I'm very thankful for this website, it's like my second chance at training.

Different stores handle reshop (go backs) differently. At mine, SL takes care of infant hardlines. This weekend will be crazy busy, so following the "rules" may not happen. I'm sorry your store is not being more helpful. Maybe try asking in a way that sort of compliments them, "I notice you are always so fast at _____. Mind sharing some tips with a newbie?" Good luck!

WHEN do i do my online training? I was supposed to do it last Friday, and even got it set up but then it was time for me to clock out, so I had to pause it and they told me that they'd help me continue on my next shift. I asked my TL and HR when do i continue it, because someone wanted to train me for registers, but nothing has happened yet and it's already been like 3 shifts later??? I don't want to push HR or anyone, because i know they're busy and everything, but will I ever get to do it?

I don't even have my username or password and always have to ask some random which I can tell they don't want to do it for me. I get paid on Friday and haven't even set up my direct deposit or anything like that. I probably am being that typical new kid which I get is irritating.
My face SCREAMS new girl and its kinda pathetic. but to be honest, i got such shit training and because of that i still don't know what the hell i'm doing half the time. and when i ask my TL or someone else in soft-lines, they give me attitude. i was told today that i had to do go-backs, which i was never taught how to do, and when i said "my trainer never told me how." and they just rolled their eyes and rudely explained how, and i did what they told me no other questions asked. SO MANY THINGS I WAS NEVER TAUGHT HOW TO DO DURING MY 3 DAYS OF TRAINING. this post would be way too long if i explained everything.

of course i ask, i know it wouldn't help if i didn't but just the way the soft-lines TL and other members act is just so snobbish and rude. I know i scream new kid, i get it. but at least i'm asking and trying to do the best i can. but the way they act makes me not want to ask questions.

This was me & I wrote almost the exact thing ! No training really makes you feel so lost . I just wanted to say ,welcome and I took the suggestions on here after my rant & spoke up .I went to an LOD a friendly one that I felt wasn't annoyed easily and I felt easy to talk to cause I find some at my store aren't so ,and I explained to them exactly how I felt and that I needed more training and in what . It worked a couple days ,but I than was left to sink or swim again & after that I pretty much searched a lot on here and watched and listened to the more seasoned employees and did what they did pretty much .Sorry your feeling this way and I know how it feels .Thats why if any other new people have came to my store on my dept I try to help as much as possible cause it's a shitty feeling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back