Archived Opening Electronics on Thanksgiving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year for Thanksgiving I worked as a "guest director" near PFresh showing guests where to go to find stuff. I was nowhere near Electronics so I don't precisely know what it was like over there. This year I'm opening Electronics on Thanksgiving. I've worked in Electronics many times before during the rest of the year. Same with cashiering. Anyone have any tips specifically related to opening Electronics on Thanksgiving? I'll be asking fellow team members at work as well, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask here.

Depends exactly what they have you doing... but general rules of thumb:

Talk up REDcards/Accessories/Service Plans to guests buying big-ticket items, or any items where those apply.

Know what is, and is not currently available. Once you run out of stock of something, make sure your fellow team members know so that guests can be correctly informed. Note the emphasis. Many times, I've seen guests been told one thing, only to immediately be told something completely different.

Everyone is going to be panicking and asking a hundred-thousand questions... but keep calm and relax. Have fun with it. Black Thursday/Friday in Electronics is CHAOS, but it's an absolute blast. Definitely one of the "Warzones", so live it up. Get excited. Have fun!

Have someone with supervisor numbers put the registers in speed ring mode for the evening so you don't have to scan your log in slip between each guest.

We have a separate line once inside for electronics. The TM working that line will let a few people in at a time and help them find what they are looking for. There will be a few people working electronics with you, so don't worry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back