Archived OPU Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered from WallMart, and their system is so much smoother. The communications are much clearer. The barcode comes in an email. And pickup is automated.

They beat us. No question!

They can even substitute stuff and if you don't want it they give you money back and you keep the item 💀

They got what, 250 gigadollars already? Perhaps they're trying to make less money on purpose if only for safety reasons. Any more and their cash reserves would collapse into a black hole

I have been told by multiple guests that they like our drive up more because we are much faster. We have had guests say Walmart can make them wait up to 15 mins for their pick up.
Same thing with the instore pick ups. You have to check in and if your order isn’t ready wait. I would like that feature for those guests that show up before 30 minutes and get mad it’s not ready

if the guest has the target app you can just scan the wallet barcode, which is even faster than looking through an email.

i think checking id would also still be faster than looking for an email.

if the guest has the target app you can just scan the wallet barcode, which is even faster than looking through an email.

It's good to show the guest how to do it the "right" way, especially for new drive up guests. Show them how to tell us they are on the way and here. That gives you a couple of seconds for the order on drive up time, which makes up for the times when you can't make it out in under two minutes. It also trains the guest to let us know when they're coming.

Take a little bit of extra time with the guest to teach them and you help yourself out when they order again. Guests appreciate it too.

It's good to show the guest how to do it the "right" way, especially for new drive up guests. Show them how to tell us they are on the way and here. That gives you a couple of seconds for the order on drive up time, which makes up for the times when you can't make it out in under two minutes. It also trains the guest to let us know when they're coming.

Take a little bit of extra time with the guest to teach them and you help yourself out when they order again. Guests appreciate it too.

this isnt a conversation about drive up...?

Walmart pickup is only available until 8pm around here. That seems arbitrary to me. I dont see why they can't be 24 hours at a 24 hour store.

I have been told by multiple guests that they like our drive up more because we are much faster. We have had guests say Walmart can make them wait up to 15 mins for their pick up.
I mean, for their grocery pickup, it's usually a lot more eaches than anything we're bringing out, since they have to spend a $35 minimum.

The Pickup tower they have at some of their stores is really sick, it's way more convenient for the guest than how Spot is doing it.

I mean, for their grocery pickup, it's usually a lot more eaches than anything we're bringing out, since they have to spend a $35 minimum.

The Pickup tower they have at some of their stores is really sick, it's way more convenient for the guest than how Spot is doing it.

At our Walmart you just park your happy ass outside in what used to be employee parking and they come up to the car like "Hey, who are you, what's your order?"

You show em and you get your stuff and can go.

I live in a pretty ghetto town so the Walmart where I live is honestly terrible and exhausting to be in so I live for the pickups so i can just walk in and out but they’re currently adding the drive up feature (still building it) and I’m so excited to never have to step foot in there again (they sell some stuff that we don’t carry so I have to shop there, sigh)

I've heard the horror stories about the wally world next door (literally, it's next door to us) concerning pickup, especially their version of drive-up. Our store is a P-fresh, so no cold grocery goes into OPU, but if you order groceries for their drive-up service, you have to wait 48 hours to pick it up. They give you an appointment time once the order is received and processed. I've heard people over there wait at least 15 minutes, upwards of a half hour for their orders to come out and be delivered.

I've used their pick-up once a couple years ago. I had a good experience, and I had ordered a laptop and had to sign for it. No biggie. It was really easy and streamlined, but I still feel Target gives a lot of much easier ways to get your order. Target app barcode, email or ID. And the process feels faster. And drive-up? I'd rather get my order shortly after I order than to wait a couple days. If I have time 48 hours from now, I'd prefer going in and shopping myself. Besides, I don't trust people picking my meat and fresh produce for me-especially since I know some people just don't care what they are choosing.

Walmart pickup is only available until 8pm around here. That seems arbitrary to me. I dont see why they can't be 24 hours at a 24 hour store.

Because they care about their employees safety and don't want them running outside when it's dark? Or maybe not really care, but don't want the liability??

Opposite. When we sent barcode to email, people used it. Now they have to sign into app, and about 90% don't know password. We made our system harder and hardly use barcode.

Exactly. I wasn't talking about drive up. I found an obscure baking item on their site and ordered it. Dang, very smooth system!

Opposite. When we sent barcode to email, people used it. Now they have to sign into app, and about 90% don't know password. We made our system harder and hardly use barcode.

there’s always driver license. i do see where you’re coming from, though. it could just be that more of my guests use the target app and more of your guests use target.com

I agree wallet is faster and more convenient but the majority of guests that are smart enough to have the app, are also smart enough to have their pick up barcode ready

I agree wallet is faster and more convenient but the majority of guests that are smart enough to have the app, are also smart enough to have their pick up barcode ready
Not in our store! Customers regularly get frustrated. They are asked to log into app. They can't recall password. We use ID.

Over and over. It was nice when barcode was in the email.

But it's not just that. The communications is better at "".

Target needs to simplify.

Same thing with the instore pick ups. You have to check in and if your order isn’t ready wait. I would like that feature for those guests that show up before 30 minutes and get mad it’s not ready

That happens when you want to be a "Karen" even my husband knows if he wants something "now" go to the damn store and find it, if it can wait until after work then order it "pick up". Which I end up picking during the day and then grabbing after work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back