OPU help

I've been a cashier for a few months. I've covered Opu for breaks, but will have my first full shifts this week. Nervous! Our Opu also has 6 sco.
A few questions. What do I do if the order is missing something?
I just ask for ID, but how do I even scan the email barcode? Is it on the myGo app somewhere?
OPU can be great because of the independence. Ours is at the other entrance to the store far from GS and the checkout lanes. That's also what scares me. I'll be all alone!
Thanks y'all!

1. Walkie for someone on the floor to get the missing item. If there is no more of it, I'd call for LOD and let them handle the guest. Be appropriately apologetic and most guests will be cool about it.

2. If they have a barcode you just go into MyGo like normal and scan it with the My Device's scanner, no need to tap anything special I'm pretty sure (I generally just do ID too, most guests forget about the barcode or dont know how to open it).

seasonaldude

Waiting for your kid to get out of my way in toys
What do you mean by an order missing something? We are unable to complete an OPU batch without accounting somehow for all items in the order. If a guest should have gotten 3 of something, and there are only 2 in the bag those are the only types of mistakes that can be corrected. They should be very rare as there are two checks in the process to make sure that the proper amount of items are picked. Absolutely do not get the guest any portion of the original order that is completely missing. They are listed as canceled. The guest received an email informing them of this. They were not charged for those items. On the off chance those items can miraculously be found when the guest arrives, they can't just be given to the guest without ringing them up for it in a separate transaction.

Everything has to be scanned when completing an OPU pick batch. So, if something else is missing, check the hold location for a second bag that may or may not have been labeled and check for secondary hold locations.

Everything has to be scanned when completing an OPU pick batch. So, if something else is missing, check the hold location for a second bag that may or may not have been labeled and check for secondary hold locations.
I have managed on quite a few occasions recently to find legit missing orders. As in, GSA and I looking through the entire pickup room and not finding it. It happens, as does missing items because of people cutting corners, putting in wrong item counts, or things falling out of bags and being put into reshop unknowing later, etc. Very annoying.

I have managed on quite a few occasions recently to find legit missing orders. As in, GSA and I looking through the entire pickup room and not finding it. It happens, as does missing items because of people cutting corners, putting in wrong item counts, or things falling out of bags and being put into reshop unknowing later, etc. Very annoying.
Yes or the opu person is being careles or the item “falls” into another bag

REDcardJJ

Service and Engagement
What do you mean by an order missing something? We are unable to complete an OPU batch without accounting somehow for all items in the order. If a guest should have gotten 3 of something, and there are only 2 in the bag those are the only types of mistakes that can be corrected. They should be very rare as there are two checks in the process to make sure that the proper amount of items are picked. Absolutely do not get the guest any portion of the original order that is completely missing. They are listed as canceled. The guest received an email informing them of this. They were not charged for those items. On the off chance those items can miraculously be found when the guest arrives, they can't just be given to the guest without ringing them up for it in a separate transaction.

it’s less rare than you think.

i’ve also had an issue with ship to stores where one item will be located and the other item has no location at all. it comes up like it has been picked and put to hold, but absolutely zero location. we’ve found it in a completely other closet a few times, but sometimes we could look through every single order and there is nothing.

Black Sheep 214

Kiss no butts, give no fox
I suspect that some people occasionally just type in the DPCI for an OPU item that they can’t find to avoid an INF. Threats of CCA don’t always produce the desired outcomes, but can result in some surprising shenanigans sometimes.

Is it on all zebras yet? Or does that mean we’re a pilot store? We’ve been using Pickup for like a month now
I havent seen the app yet, though considering how our switch to epick went back in September my store wont know about it till we're hit with it and everyone has a "oh no mygo isnt working what do we do" fit 😂

LearningTree

Guest Experience
I suspect that some people occasionally just type in the DPCI for an OPU item that they can’t find to avoid an INF. Threats of CCA don’t always produce the desired outcomes, but can result in some surprising shenanigans sometimes.
I know of an STL that does that and has his team do it too. DTL got on him about having too high of an INF (highest in the district by far). Instead of fixing the OOS problem or making sure his team is properly trained...he tells them all to either fake pick the item and then cancel that part of the order or fake pick the item and replace it with something else. Happened to me twice when I placed an order at his store before I figured out what he was doing. I've never placed an online order there since. I have to travel a bit further now but it's worth it to have my order correct.

seasonaldude

it’s less rare than you think.
Mistakes are going to be made when OPU has to work at an insane pace. Yesterday, in what was an overall very slow day, I finished my shift with a pick rate of 92 an hour because when I was busy, I was extremely busy and seemingly always under the goal time approaching gun. Mistakes can happen under those circumstances.

But, if it's a somewhat common occurence at your store, then it's on leadership to figure out whose doing it, whether it's intentional or not, and to get it corrected. Mostly OPU is following the directions on the screen. If it's common for people at your store to intentionally not do that or to be too stupid to do it right, that's on store leadership.

REDcardJJ

Service and Engagement
Mistakes are going to be made when OPU has to work at an insane pace. Yesterday, in what was an overall very slow day, I finished my shift with a pick rate of 92 an hour because when I was busy, I was extremely busy and seemingly always under the goal time approaching gun. Mistakes can happen under those circumstances.

But, if it's a somewhat common occurence at your store, then it's on leadership to figure out whose doing it, whether it's intentional or not, and to get it corrected. Mostly OPU is following the directions on the screen. If it's common for people at your store to intentionally not do that or to be too stupid to do it right, that's on store leadership.
i know how it works. i exclusively picked OPU, drive up, and ran drive ups outside for like 4 months. i’m aware of goal times. just because epick is telling you to do something doesn’t mean it’s not possible for mistakes to be made.

just because epick is telling you to do something doesn’t mean it’s not possible for mistakes to be made.
Exactly! Especially since with opu you scan one item and enter an amount as you frantically toss stuff into bags vs. like sfs where you need to scan each item individually to pack it. The latter leaves less room for error overall at the end of the process, I think.

seasonaldude

i know how it works. i exclusively picked OPU, drive up, and ran drive ups outside for like 4 months. i’m aware of goal times. just because epick is telling you to do something doesn’t mean it’s not possible for mistakes to be made.
You must have missed the first 6 words of the post you were responding too...

Mistakes are going to be made