Archived OPU pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now guests have a barcode on their phone thar gives info about their order. Is this supposed to supersede asking for ID? Because we aren't going by that barcode....we still ask for ID. What are other stores doing?

I use the barcode to pull up the order and then ask for ID. It only brings you to the same "confirm ID" page.

I believe the barcode email still says "you need to show ID".

Ok good bc I had a guest irritated that I still asked for it...

Now guests have a barcode on their phone thar gives info about their order. Is this supposed to supersede asking for ID? Because we aren't going by that barcode....we still ask for ID. What are other stores doing?
I scan the barcode and then when it pulls up the order I ask to see an ID. This is probably bad but if it’s crazy busy like it was Black Friday/ cyber Monday I’ll just ask what the name on the order is and if it matches I’ll grab it. I mean honestly how would someone get someone else’s order barcode

The e-mail that contains the order barcode also says to "bring your valid government ID." You are not doing anything wrong by still asking for ID.

Last edited:
Guests walk up all the time scrolling through their email looking for that barcode.

All I need is your ID, you don't even have to find that email, lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back