Archived Ordering wine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sr. Human Resources Team Leader
What does your store do in terms of protocol when it comes to buying wine? Is your ETL-Food involved at all or do they not even care? Do you buy case deals? Pass the savings on to the guests? My ETL hates everything wine, She hates when I do case deals etc. but when it comes to beer, she could care less. I placed a standing order for the next 3 months to purchase a pallet of sweet water every other week. We got a great deal and she gave me kudos. This past Wednesday I ordered an 8 case deal on some wine, all will go to a bulk endcaps and she nearly had a heart attack. Is your ETL the same?

We still are new to it and they over order what I don't need and constantly run out of popular ones and the sale/ lead choices...no idea on discounts or whether we get them in our state.

Wine seems like a big pain in the but, especially if you end,up having someone who doesn't know what they're doing and orders too much.
This is where we are. It's like a bigger alcoholic version of the fuck up pfresh ordering has become. Although I think we always get the wine we order...

Im confused by this...dont you just have vendors come in and order it? If they send something you dont need just dont take it

If course you do, how else would the vendor get paid. Might even bring an extra case or two
Ask c&s. They rarely send what we order and haven't for years...even when not on the cut list.

And no, our ctl or the stl does the wine order. Vendors order their own beer.

Im confused by this...dont you just have vendors come in and order it? If they send something you dont need just dont take it
Yes and no, in order to be competitive in selling alcohol you have to look at buying in bulk. What we make on a buying wine and beer a case a time is little compared to making 4 and 5 dollars a bottle when buying in bulk. I only have two varieties that have that margin though!Wish it was all like that!

Yes and no, in order to be competitive in selling alcohol you have to look at buying in bulk. What we make on a buying wine and beer a case a time is little compared to making 4 and 5 dollars a bottle when buying in bulk. I only have two varieties that have that margin though!Wish it was all like that!

Maybe this is just for higher volume stores then because I have never heard of doing something like that target wise. Either that or my receiver is so good he takes care of it too along with a bunch of other vendor related things

Yeah wine is all vendor product here. Maybe only SuperTargets order their own?

I'm a CTL.I'm the only person all vendors deal with.I sign off on all liquor orders no matter how small.Along with receiving team member who helps me keep vendors in check.Don't exceed shelf capcity..use MyStats to check sales regardless what liquor vendors say..they will sell you their mother if they could.Deals should benifit you not the vendor..be careful with deals

I'm a CTL.I'm the only person all vendors deal with.I sign off on all liquor orders no matter how small.Along with receiving team member who helps me keep vendors in check.Don't exceed shelf capcity..use MyStats to check sales regardless what liquor vendors say..they will sell you their mother if they could.Deals should benifit you not the vendor..be careful with deals

Yep we refuse wine orders left and right cause what we have in our book always is very different from what they ordered. We have become really nasty since they and a newbie ETL let a pallet of BS in the store.

HQ decided lower volume stores like mine didnt need a CTL :(

Vendors order our wine. I walk with them and take on hands and sign the paper for them to take it back to their boss and send it to our store.

Vendors ordered ours too. However I shut them down quick on how much they ordered. If they had a check lane end cap they would order to fill to capacity along with the home location. I only let them go 2 bottles deep on end caps. As soon as it is signed in, we own it. I also located all wine. Vendors had to find me before submitting an order because our backstock was out of control. It didnt pull, I had to do that manually but it worked.Once I got that under control, it was a breeze. I am in a location that gets mass buys for Christmas and Easter. That was ordered by headquarters and was a PITA. 32 feet of wine at the front end, all TPC from November 1st through January 6. It was impressive to look and and we did sell a ton. I had all wine vendors in the day it was set. I put the labels up and they filled. I was on them to keep it full and condense in the back room (bulk area 12 pallets after it was set!) Once I set the expectations and they knew I was serious, it wasn't a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back