Archived Orientation Dress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I'm new to Target I have orientation tomorrow. The lady who called to confirm said I do not have to wear red. She just said "be comfortable". What do you think that means I should wear??

But what do you actually think I should wear? She said be comfortable and don't have to wear red... I just want the opinions of more experienced target employees so I don't show up wearing something that I shouldn't be

If you have a red shirt and khaki pants then go ahead and wear them, you might as well get used to it.
If you don't have them, slacks and a shirt with a collar will do fine.

I get that all the time.

You should see my red and black one...

I wore jeans and they kept me ☺ no tank tops, flip flops, don't show more skin than you must. You'll be fine!

Guys, I think we are confusing her! Sorry Princess....I'm just telling you what my orientation was like and from what I see when the new kids arrive for orientation at my store. You can't wrong just being neat and tidy.

Huh, weird. At my orientation, we had to wear Red and Khaki. Though I guess it's pretty cool that you get to wear what you want. I would still dress modestly/work appropriate. Just be clean and well groomed. Jeans, some close-toed shoe of some kind, and a decent blouse or plain shirt sound safe. I would NOT show up in frayed shorts, a tank top showing miles a cleavage, and dirty old flip flops. Heh.

You'll be doing a decent amount of walking around, so keep that in mind. Google image search, "Casual Outfit" and you'll get the idea. Even if she accidentally told you to wear what you want, but turns out the dress code was the normal uniform, don't worry about it. It's just orientation. I've made this mistake before at my first job. I wasn't told to wear my uniform, so, I showed up in a henley top and jeans. No one said a word.

I wasn't told to wear red and khaki, but I did anyway. When I got to orientation I was glad I did because they told the other new hires to wear it!

Casual dressy: neat jeans/dockers/khakis with a modest top (polo, pullover, button-up, top-with-cardigan, what have you).
Some folks show up in red & khaki to get a feel for the dress code.
One time they had a group show up in red/khaki then sent them out to me for training RIGHT AFTER orientation.

And you know you love it.

I don't remember posting that pic... just the khaki one.

Nobody wore red and khaki. People were wearing every day street clothes... sweatshirts/leggings, jeans and a nice jacket... They were not strict about it at all. I could have shown up in a sweatshirt and sweatpants if I wanted.

Nobody wore red and khaki. People were wearing every day street clothes... sweatshirts/leggings, jeans and a nice jacket... They were not strict about it at all. I could have shown up in a sweatshirt and sweatpants if I wanted.
Glad it went well Princess! Welcome to Target. ☺

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back