I'm Lost! Orientation question-should I call?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CapitolSunshine

I interviewed for and was hired for a seasonal cashier position about 2 weeks ago. The person who hired me said to disregard the email that Target Jobs would send me and HR would call. The email orientation date is set for tomorrow and I have not gotten any phone calls about orientation. Should I call the store?

Since it has been two weeks and you haven’t received a call from HR, I would call the store. Sometimes it does take a while for an orientation to be scheduled, especially if hours are low, so your orientation may not be tomorrow, but at least you will be ready if it is. Better safe than sorry. Good Luck!🍀

I interviewed for and was hired for a seasonal cashier position about 2 weeks ago. The person who hired me said to disregard the email that Target Jobs would send me and HR would call. The email orientation date is set for tomorrow and I have not gotten any phone calls about orientation. Should I call the store?

The orientation date in the e-mail is not definite. After the job offer, the hiring system forces HR to enter an orientation date and then it automatically sends out a computer-generated e-mail to the applicant. Due to this reason, HR just tells applicants that they will call them about orientation. After two weeks, you can call HR to follow up as well.

Y'all got an email? Dang. Orientation was scheduled for me when I accepted the offer letter. I think they called me the day before to confirm. My store does orientations 2x a week, though (at least they did, not sure if they still do), so a 2 week delay would be weird.

Dates within an Email can be inaccurate! Call the store and keep in mind that if you're a seasonal hire, you could be 1 among 100+ hired that will also need an orientation too.

Couldn't make it a month could you? Or was this for a friend too?

Couldn't make it a month could you? Or was this for a friend too?
I’m quite happy with my job, thank you. Please stop commenting on my posts or I will report you to a moderator.

Moderator, please also close this thread to new comments. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back