Orientation rescheduled again

I was scheduled for orientation last Wednesday and when I attended, they told me to come back on Friday as they had to reschedule my orientation. An hour before I was supposed to show up, they called me to tell me that they were rescheduling it to this Wednesday. Now I just got a call that they were rescheduling it AGAIN to this Friday. I'm really frustrated that they keep on doing this. Am I just not gonna get the job?

I guess but like, the orientation group I was supposed to be with already got it done on Friday, while I'm still waiting on mine. I guess it's just bad luck on my end

ASANTS, but this is a preview of what working for Spot is like, a three ring circus where the left hand rarely knows what the right hand is doing. Wish I could say things get better after orientation, but under Modernization, things usually go downhill from there. Hope it works out well for you. Good luck!

An issue too is ETLs are scheduling the orientation when they make the offer, so maybe there is a hiccup on your background check and you haven’t cleared yet? HR used to wait until enough people cleared to schedule the orientation. Also, Workday sucks ass trying to hire people. My first orientation using it went so godawful and I was so unprepared I had to reach out to another store and after 20 minutes of FaceTime we finally had things sorted out. Give your HR a little break on this one.. literally every aspect of recruiting and onboarding has changed this month and we were not well prepared for the rollout. 😕

They are just waiting till they have more people for orientation. They won't run a class for one person. Not unusual. It's not you, it's them lol.
Not true. My store will do a 1 person orientation if the applicant can't attend the group one or we only hired them and need them to start like yesterday

I heard that modernization was bad, but I didn't think it was that bad. I got an email saying that I was cleared for orientation last week but the system is screwing me over it seems

I heard that modernization was bad, but I didn't think it was that bad. I got an email saying that I was cleared for orientation last week but the system is screwing me over it seems

I do know that HROC (Human Resources Operation Center) was having an issue with some people clearing/ not being coded correctly for orientation last week in our new Workday system. I called them myself about 4 times in one day trying to figure out a multitude of questions/comments/concerns. I had one applicant who was pushed back a week bc it wasn't cleared on the HROC end to join the orientation group. The HR before me, who moved to a different state, was having the same issue having to reschedule bc the system wasn't clearing the applicant for orientation. Honestly, it's probably not the store's fault, it's an issue on the HROC side.

Agreed with @JAShands this new Workday recruiting sucks, and I wish we had more training than a conference call and some dumb job aids 😭

ASANTS, but this is a preview of what working for Spot is like, a three ring circus where the left hand rarely knows what the right hand is doing. Wish I could say things get better after orientation, but under Modernization, things usually go downhill from there. Hope it works out well for you. Good luck!
Same thing happened to me they rescheduled my 2nd interview when I was already there and then rescheduled my orientation. Plus orientation was very vague no important information was given. I didn’t even get my name tag nor was told where to clock in. I’m very unimpressed on how they handle the new hire process. I feel like I’m not going to enjoy working there because of their lack of organization

It's sign in my opinion to move on. Tarshit is not worth that bullshit. Find a better place that won't yank your chain like they will.

Back