Hiring Orientation Scheduled Before Given Start Time

So I just got a call saying I was hired and went to look at the offer letter. It said that my orientation was on the 15th, however when I applied I stated that I couldn’t start until the week after Thanksgiving. My family is going on vacation the week of Thanksgiving that’s been planned weeks in advanced and I’m gonna be out of state that week. How can I let them know this? I tried calling but they didn’t pick up and I’m not sure if waiting until orientation to let them know is a good call. My friend is also in the same boat. Thanks.

So I just got a call saying I was hired and went to look at the offer letter. It said that my orientation was on the 15th, however when I applied I stated that I couldn’t start until the week after Thanksgiving. My family is going on vacation the week of Thanksgiving that’s been planned weeks in advanced and I’m gonna be out of state that week. How can I let them know this? I tried calling but they didn’t pick up and I’m not sure if waiting until orientation to let them know is a good call. My friend is also in the same boat. Thanks.
Lmao you can’t have the job then. You have to work Black Friday.

Curious….are you Target Store or DC? I would love to have a 4 day weekend for Thanksgiving, hell give me 3 day weekends for Christmas and New Years too. It blows my mind how someone APPLIES to work retail or distribution for retail, and then wants premium time off, right out of the gate. If you want bankers hours, then go work IN A BANK.

Could you maybe do orientation on the 15th and 1 or 2 training shifts the week of the 15th? Maybe the 16th or 17th? You could show them your willing to work with them if there willing to work with you.

So I just got a call saying I was hired and went to look at the offer letter. It said that my orientation was on the 15th, however when I applied I stated that I couldn’t start until the week after Thanksgiving.
Maybe I’m being stupid, but don’t you have to accept an offer letter before proceeding? So you’re admitting you accepted the offer, without reading it? Or, realizing your mistake, you don’t want to take responsibility agreeing to that start date when you accepted? Facts seem to be they offered you a job, to start on the 15th, you accepted, and now want time off when “All hands on deck” is required. yeah, you’re going to fit right in.

Back