Answered Orientation - What am I doing?

I just got hired at target a couple of weeks ago, I got all the emails and pre-work stuff done, but I’m confused on my orientation?
I was told my orientation would be Oct. 4 at 8 am, the day I got hired, but that was all. Then I was just told “all the extra details will be in the emails we send you” and that I should expect to get them that evening, and if not to call the next day.
I didn’t get the emails that night and called the next day during the afternoon a few times with no answer.
I decided to wait a few days and soon got the emails I needed to get my hiring process moving along, but it was already a rocky start so I became more nervous over time. The emails didn’t confirm or give me an orientation date, tell me what clothes to show up in, or where to go when I showed up. So I’m a bit worried.
Today just a bit ago I decided to call and try to get a hold of HR again to see if I could confirm that I was supposed to show up the 4th, I called twice and both had immediate hang ups, just for fun I decided to try guest services to see if someone could put me through, and the call rang for a bit and then ended just like the first times I tried to call.
My end thought is I’ll just show up at 8am in jeans and maybe a red shirt?
I don’t know what to expect, what to wear, where to go, and the lack of communication I’ve had has really made me quite worried. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips, or similar hiring experiences as me? Because I’m getting really nervous and feeling pretty clueless. Thank you to anyone who reads this :)

If the store is close, go in and ask for the HR team member. Explain that you just want to verify your orientation time, and ask what to wear etc.

If you don't want to do this, just go in as you were told. They have to enter a date and time to send you the offer, so they should be expecting you. Wear blue jeans and a red top. You need to bring proof of identity and proof that you can legally work in the US. Get there as close to 8 as possible, as that is when the store opens, so someone will be there to let you in.

Back