Archived OSHA complaints

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date
  • Replies 31
  • Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I spoke with the maintenance guy again about it and I had some miscommunication. He wasn't refusing to fix it. He was told by the STL to not put the order in to have the metal parts in the steel replaced. He said it was on lockdown and something about saving money. That is just astounding to me. I know that the ETLs and corporate try to cut corners when it comes to saving money so they can increase their size of the pie but this is just pathetic and downright unethical. I was going to tell my ETL about it but since the STL has basically "nope, it's not getting fixed", my options are limited. I am torn between reporting it to OSHA or just keeping it quiet and maybe either I can or another team member can cash in on it falling one of us and get a pay day. If it does fall on me, I will sue Target for a good sum. Even if I'm not able to sue to Target, I will go public and show how bad of a company Target really is.

That sucks and is very wrong.
You can make a anonymous call to OSHA and they will come out to check it out (it's required}.
Please be careful working around the area, we really don't want to read about you in the paper.

I am just disgusted that the STL would worry more about the stores budget than its safety.
Sadly, I'm not surprised.

Well, I spoke with the maintenance guy again about it and I had some miscommunication. He wasn't refusing to fix it. He was told by the STL to not put the order in to have the metal parts in the steel replaced. He said it was on lockdown and something about saving money. That is just astounding to me. I know that the ETLs and corporate try to cut corners when it comes to saving money so they can increase their size of the pie but this is just pathetic and downright unethical. I was going to tell my ETL about it but since the STL has basically "nope, it's not getting fixed", my options are limited. I am torn between reporting it to OSHA or just keeping it quiet and maybe either I can or another team member can cash in on it falling one of us and get a pay day. If it does fall on me, I will sue Target for a good sum. Even if I'm not able to sue to Target, I will go public and show how bad of a company Target really is.

Well, at least maintenance guy WOULD have fixed it.

Definitely make a complaint to OSHA.

A couple of weeks ago, the badly damage hanging beam on the still by the line was simply removed which was nice to see. I was proud of the store for sucking up some of their pride and doing the right thing and not being lazy.

We've had 2 separate raccoons come into the store on our trucks. The last one was particularly amusing when our Logistics ETL was taking a video of it on top of the paper PIPO pallets in the steel and it started moving towards him and he freaked out. Funniest. Shit. Ever. We also had a few mice come and go throughout our backroom; we named them Los Julios. I never found out what happened to them :( Also had a stray dog roaming the sales floor one day last year. Finally Christmas 2012 we had a kitten living underneath one of our storage trailers, so one day we managed to coax it out, "damaged" some cat food for it to eat and dried it with some towels while we kept it under the heating vents in receiving. Then one of our Coke merchandisers came in an took it home with him. Yay happy endings!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back