Archived Our former VMTL is still acting like a TL...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bullshit. I’ve been with Target for 7.5 years and am makin 11.64 and that’s only because I was a TL in the past. If I was a cashier for 7.5 years, I’d be making 11.00. It depends where the minimum pay was 5-6 years ago. I got hired at 7.25. Some other cities might have been at a minimum of 9 back then, so those TMs got a head start over me, even if the min is the same now.
7.5 years and 11.64/hr? Smh. Is this your full time gig?

The upper leadership at my store still has our VM help direct the SL team when she is in. They switch between having her act like a TL and telling her just to be a VM. :rolleyes:

It says that the VM should be scheduled opposite the A&A TL so they could direct the team. It’s still part of their core roles to lead the A&A team. All of this is on work bench.

The upper leadership at my store still has our VM help direct the SL team when she is in. They switch between having her act like a TL and telling her just to be a VM. :rolleyes:

^ Exactly what I go thru each and every day. :)

I'm really in a weird place with this change for our store. Our VMTL (now VM...TM?) was damn good. They kept their team accountable and really started driving our softlines team towards doing better. We had a major (RVP) visit and he said our brand was the best he's ever seen in that area. He came to two other stores in a 40 miles radius and apparently tore them a new one.

Now, they aren't a TL, and I'm sure most of the respect for them is still there, but they can't help more than just being a VM.

Not bullshit. I’ve been with Target for 7.5 years and am makin 11.64 and that’s only because I was a TL in the past. If I was a cashier for 7.5 years, I’d be making 11.00. It depends where the minimum pay was 5-6 years ago. I got hired at 7.25. Some other cities might have been at a minimum of 9 back then, so those TMs got a head start over me, even if the min is the same now.
Ours was 8 when I started. I was supposed to get another dollar bump (the other two pa did) at some point. Ctl actually quit over them refusing to honor it when he caught it at review time, among other things. I've got a complaint open with the state over it.

Our VMTL still leads the beauty department, she still oversees the cosmetics TMs and shit.

And I wish someone would say a PMT isnt a TL for whatever reason they have.

Our former VMTL is still very much a TL, just without the ability to coach or do interviews. She's got supervisor access in POS, a desk in the team lead office, and a mailbox. When our SrTL-A&A isn't gone or is LOD, she's in charge of that department.

I don't really see the issue.

Our VMTL still leads the beauty department, she still oversees the cosmetics TMs and shit.

And I wish someone would say a PMT isnt a TL for whatever reason they have.

I have 100% respect for my PMT because he works his ass off and does a damn good job at it too. I can't say the same for the "VMTL". Stick to softlines and stay out of Hardlines...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back