Archived Overhead music

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be for it if the store could choose the songs as long as they were appropriate.

Play some Pandora radio. I have a greatest hits of the 60 70 and 80 plus motown and the british invasion and I rarely hear repeats when I shuffle

Hopefully we wouldn't have to listen to "Happy" from Pharrell Williams nine times a day.
Oh you will. You know that some one up the chain will create Target radio and it will be pop and light r&B so there you go.

Then every 10min you get a commercial, wait for it. Target... Much like how the mydevices ding three times a day for "Time for a target run!"
Is that what that it? here I though it was some wierd electronics thing it was doing. SMH.

Reactions: Him
I need to patent my invention of music-specific noise cancellation headphones. You'd set them to be able to block out frequencies of certain songs including but not limited to Let it Go, Love with your Body, 7 Years Old, Waterloo by Abba, Good Morning Beautiful, the Mario Kart and Star theme, and of course, Three Dings in a Row. Sure, the headphones would be large and obnoxious, but not nearly as annoying as having to hear the same couple of songs 50+ times a day. I'd also sell a Christmas version as well.

Does WalMart play music? I can't remember.

"Target likely wants background music to add another element to its in-store shopping experience as it attempts to differentiate itself from increased competition from online and brick and mortar retailers."

Only Target management could think doing the same thing your major competitor is doing is differentiating yourself from them.

The Walmart-ing of Target continues...

We have the ooontz-ooontz-ooontz super-horrid club remixes on 24/7. Occasionally they'll jump in and play a bit of 70's but somehow they still manage to screw up the mix. I mean, autotune the BeeGee's? Reeeeally?? No commercials though. Just that constant incessant ooontz-ooontz-ooontz. I usually walk through going all boots-n-pants-n-boots-n-pants-n-boots-n-pants .......

When I first saw this article my first thought was, "Crap! Playing music all the time will translate to Christmas music during the holidays!"

One of the perks to working at Spot is that I haven't been subjected to holiday music for 2,000+ hours like my last retail job. Completely ruined it for me. It's been over a decade and I still can't shake off the memories of hearing the same Christmas songs over and over. And over and over....

Really hoping they keep this change limited the new and remodeled stores. Sorry, for those of you who get stuck with this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back