Archived Overpush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious to know..

How's the overpush at your store? Is there a good rapport between the overnight team and dayside?

Oh wait! Who is pulling the products now? Not backroom. Salesfloor is on backup register. Lod is pulling cafs. What is wrong with this picture, E2E?
Also my favorite in regards to e2e, LOD doing flex fills. It's a guarantee sale I get it, but in all honesty, a tm I feel would be better suited to take care of such matters. One team one dream right? Oh so they tell me....:rolleyes:

I just had a conversation with a BRTM about this issue, I've been finding boxes of unpushed items and a lot of overpushed locations in Toys lately. We've had a lot new people coming in lately so I'm hoping it's just a rookie rushing to get stuff done that can be corrected.

We don't have an overnight team, but the flow team has to backstock each vehicle after working it, so they have a huge incentive to overpush. Nobody goes behind them and follows up, which makes it very easy to get away with.

What is overpush?
Putting too many of an item out on the floor, Each space has a set number of items that can fit there but sometimes you can squeeze just one more in (looks bad, covers the price point, falls on the floor eventually) or some people just put it in the wrong place all together because they don't want to take it to the backroom and backstock it.

Hell, that happens all the time.

Now I know what to call it.

Reactions: Him
I used to say they can't buy it if it's in the back but now....
Now you understand why your In-Stock team hated your ass.. :p
Overpush Needs to be back stock!!! Instocks will dislike you for flexing. Guests will be upset for an item priced incorrectly because it was in the wrong place. If it is located in the backroom, then guess what, it will come out in the Autofills and be replenished on the floor. That's how the processes are to work hand in hand!!!

Explain that in the nicest possible way to the closing zoners, whoever dumps reshop on the endcaps (yeah I found the glue and note books during bts) etc. I abide by the concepts above. Sure wish everyone did. ;)
For the record I have pretty good reason to believe few (if any) at my store hate my ass.

Last edited:
Over-push, makes the rest of the process of maintaining a neat,well stocked and easy to shop store impossible. It also makes the job for the rest of the team hard and extremely frustrating. In the end it leads to a snowball effect of TM’s unable to zone , decontaminate and push in a timely manner. It throws off instock. Makes the whole aisle look like poop ! It kills the whole vibe maaaan!!

decontaminate

I've noticed the ETL's throwing out the term 'sterile' lately, and I've never really heard them us that word before.

Is that word normal Target jargon?

I've noticed the ETL's throwing out the term 'sterile' lately, and I've never really heard them us that word before.

Is that word normal Target jargon?
No, but a standard in the industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back