Archived Overtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

notfit05

Trainer/ clerical / inbound D.C. /
well they just announced at our dc that overtime isn’t going away like usual it would disappear until fall season again, however they have a new gold to keep the yard under 50k cartons at all times so anytime it approaches that or exceedes we will have opportunity’s for overtime.. loving it. Being that the yard typically averages well over that and at times upwards of 160k I’m seeing lots of $ headed my way

Lol are they gonna offer us overtime at the store to keep up with the faster pace of freight coming our way?

I get the idea, but I don't see how it's going to work if the stores are still operating normally.

Ours is also to deal with the anticipated rise in sales due to Shipt coming online with several of our stores

Your dc must be an outlier then, because we have been vle'ing the last few weeks. would be nice to get a half shift ot a week, but o well ill take the extra time off.

Your dc must be an outlier then, because we have been vle'ing the last few weeks. would be nice to get a half shift ot a week, but o well ill take the extra time off.
I’m still getting two days a week avg atleast one every week though they also just announced they will soon Be hiring 40 ppl per Dept as newhires I suppose to avg 10 per shift per Dept

We still have people getting preapproved overtime in warehousing even with 40k average drops. Voluntary is fine if people want it. I'm not a fan of mandatory overtime year-round though, because it just means the DC is wasting money if they don't have enough people to handle average drops.

Can you be fired or disciplined for going in to overtime, when there is no coverage and aren’t allowed to close your work center? Can an ETL force you to go home early, to avoid hitting overtime, even though you are in overtime because of call outs and had to work twice as much?

Can you be fired or disciplined for going in to overtime, when there is no coverage and aren’t allowed to close your work center? Can an ETL force you to go home early, to avoid hitting overtime, even though you are in overtime because of call outs and had to work twice as much?

We only have full shifts to begin with. A keys get three 12 hour days and B keys get four 10 hour days, so any overtime would be you going in on a day you were supposed to have off. Sometimes B keys can stay longer so instead of 10 hours they get 12 but it must be approved by the Operations Managers. 12 hour shift people never stay longer, unless approved but basically it doesn't happen.

You must sign up for overtime or or be scheduled up by management. It used to be if you weren't signed up or even if you were scheduled up but they cancelled it, you could still just show uo and there was a chance they would have you do something, but my DC has clamped down on that and they pretty much just send you home. Now if they approve overtime and you show up but there are more overtime people than they need, they will ask for volunteers to go home, starting with overtime people down through non-overtime people to see if they can get enough to go home. Usually that works. If not enough people go home then they just have you do something because they won't force you to leave since they mandated you to show up. I can't remember but we might even be able to backfill with pay if we show up and get to go home since we were forced to show up to begin with (accountable time).

Reliability (call outs) has been a problem with our DC. High turnover with many new hires means it's hard to hit our production goals. They are starting something else new too. Instead of set numbers for production functions, now they say budget will dictate production numbers, like it's a zero sum game. Example: Rack puts used to be 50 an hour. Then they went to 54 an hour. Now, neither of those numbers matter because it will fluctuate monthly by budget so this month it will be 57 an hour which means anyone who is training up in rack puts won't get the practice they need to get better because managers will be stuffing rack puts with veterans to be able to hit the magical 57 number. Not cool for for trainees.

We only have full shifts to begin with. A keys get three 12 hour days and B keys get four 10 hour days, so any overtime would be you going in on a day you were supposed to have off. Sometimes B keys can stay longer so instead of 10 hours they get 12 but it must be approved by the Operations Managers. 12 hour shift people never stay longer, unless approved but basically it doesn't happen.

You must sign up for overtime or or be scheduled up by management. It used to be if you weren't signed up or even if you were scheduled up but they cancelled it, you could still just show uo and there was a chance they would have you do something, but my DC has clamped down on that and they pretty much just send you home. Now if they approve overtime and you show up but there are more overtime people than they need, they will ask for volunteers to go home, starting with overtime people down through non-overtime people to see if they can get enough to go home. Usually that works. If not enough people go home then they just have you do something because they won't force you to leave since they mandated you to show up. I can't remember but we might even be able to backfill with pay if we show up and get to go home since we were forced to show up to begin with (accountable time).

Reliability (call outs) has been a problem with our DC. High turnover with many new hires means it's hard to hit our production goals. They are starting something else new too. Instead of set numbers for production functions, now they say budget will dictate production numbers, like it's a zero sum game. Example: Rack puts used to be 50 an hour. Then they went to 54 an hour. Now, neither of those numbers matter because it will fluctuate monthly by budget so this month it will be 57 an hour which means anyone who is training up in rack puts won't get the practice they need to get better because managers will be stuffing rack puts with veterans to be able to hit the magical 57 number. Not cool for for trainees.

If you come in for ot, they ask you to go home at startup, you can backfill with ph and still get paid time and a half for not working.

If you come in for ot, they ask you to go home at startup, you can backfill with ph and still get paid time and a half for not working.
I wonder if store employees accrue Vacation Hours AND Personal Holiday Hours or if it's just DC employees?

I knew a guy who Job Transferred from Outbound to Inbound. One weekend we came in and found out that Outbound flexed some people home. At our Inbound Startup, they told this guy that he would be flexing him to Outbound and that none of us were flexing home. The guy was not amused. Can you blame him? He told the Group Leader he didn't want to go. She said, "Okay, we can talk about this after Startup." They fired him. I don't know if they gave him the option of going to Outbound vs being fired or just fired him for refusing to begin with. I don't blame his stance because you can't let one department go home then force drag people from another department to backfill. It's ridiculous. However, I would have gone because I'm not ready to be fired by Spot yet. I don't think I would have given 100%, but I would have gone.

I knew a guy who Job Transferred from Outbound to Inbound. One weekend we came in and found out that Outbound flexed some people home. At our Inbound Startup, they told this guy that he would be flexing him to Outbound and that none of us were flexing home. The guy was not amused. Can you blame him? He told the Group Leader he didn't want to go. She said, "Okay, we can talk about this after Startup." They fired him. I don't know if they gave him the option of going to Outbound vs being fired or just fired him for refusing to begin with. I don't blame his stance because you can't let one department go home then force drag people from another department to backfill. It's ridiculous. However, I would have gone because I'm not ready to be fired by Spot yet. I don't think I would have given 100%, but I would have gone.

I always think it’s funny when we flex to warehousing and warehousing flexes to outbound. To me, it would make sense for our department (inbound) to just flex to outbound but that’s above my pay grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back