paid vacation?

abc

i requested 3 days off for vacation and was approved. i checked the box that said that i wanted to use some of my vacation hours and i filled out the paid time off request form.
however, my schedule says that the days are UNPAID vacation days.
when i went back and checked the request, it says that my UNPAID time off request was approved but my PAID time off request is pending.
i am sure that i have enough vacation hours to cover 3 days.
why wasn't i approved for paid time off? or am i missing something?
if it changes anything, these 3 days are all in 1 work week and i'm scheduled to work 32 hours that week.

thanks!

NightStocker

Do your job..no matter who isn't doing theirs.
At my store there is no communication. So after I request it in the computer I always tell my ETL so he can approve it in the system. Than I have to make sure he did it.

abc

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
At my store there is no communication. So after I request it in the computer I always tell my ETL so he can approve it in the system. Than I have to make sure he did it.
yep! i told my etl and they were able to approve it in the system right then (or so i thought lol).
i guess i'm just not sure how paid time off requests work.
like why does it say that the paid request is pending? does that mean that i have a shot or was the request denied?
i'm not sure if this was a mistake on my part? or if i was denied paid time off for another reason?

abc

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Asants but at my store we wait to approve PTO to make sure TMs don’t go over 40 with it. And with so many TMs taking vacations there is a reason you have 32 hours in only 4 days..
ahhh gotcha. that makes sense. how will i find out if i'm eventually approved for any vacation time during that week?

Sloth

Market
Asants but at my store we wait to approve PTO to make sure TMs don’t go over 40 with it. And with so many TMs taking vacations there is a reason you have 32 hours in only 4 days..
Shouldn't matter though, right? You can't get OT from PTO. If you're scheduled 32, put in for 8 hours of vacation time, and work an extra day afterwards, you won't hit 48 hours. You'll hit 40 and the 8 hours of vacation time aren't applied.

I'm not HR, but this happened to our TL earlier this year. They were scheduled 4 days, 8 hours a day, and were asked by HR if they wanted to use their vacation time to up them to 40 hours. They said sure, but were asked later in the week to come in since quite a few TMs called off. They did, hit their 40 hours for the week, and still had the 8 hours of vacation banked.

Reactions: abc
Sometimes they’ll take it back, which sucks. Basically HR isn’t supposed to approve it until you’ve worked to make sure you don’t go over your average hours. If my TMs need a 40 hour check and they have the PTO I’ll approve it or override their timecard for them. Always with permission from them of course 😉