Archived paper towel math/logic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so we've all seen this new phenomena in the paper towel section, and those of us who have been payimg attention have noticed it getting worse.

I am of course talking about the math/logic/whatever on the outside of paper towels.

Where basically you are paying the price for say 16 rolls, but you only get 8 of them. They will have an 8 crossed out, or have some equation 8 = 16 SUPER ROLLS, or 6 = 8 GIANT ROLLS...

and it's been getting a little out of hand, I think they now have a deal where you pay for 72 rolls but you just get a 24 pack.......

Anyways, my thought is to implement this into my schedule. So say I'm scheduled to work 9 to 5:30 am, and I just work my butt off the entire time, easily doing the work of 2 or 3 people. I would then get on Max self service and do a punch correction, and I would change the amount of hours I worked to 16, and in the comments section have the same claim, that me working those 8 super hours, is actually equal to 16. Do you think I could do this and would spot go for it?

I always though that when they are talking about 8 = 16, you are paying what you would normally for 8 rolls, but you are actually getting a value of 16?

I always though that when they are talking about 8 = 16, you are paying what you would normally for 8 rolls, but you are actually getting a value of 16?

that might be it, but it's still kind of confusing and makes me think they are misrepresenting their product.

I need to try something similar tomorrow.

It goes: "I pulled double everything and staged it at various locations, so really there's no need to have CAFS the rest of the day. Thank me later."

ETL: "That's not how the process works..."

I always thought it had to do with the quantity of the product rather than the value. 12 double rolls = the amount of paper used to make 24 regular-sized rolls but condensed into 12 rolls. Double rolls would yield a smaller package than the same amount of paper in regular-sized rolls.

Check on length of each roll. Avoid the sheets count. Same thing on toilet paper. Yesterday, I work my butt off. Lots of call outs. I covered one side of hl, outside of 1 tm in p-fresh. Rough day. Then covered pharmacy, way busy there too.

Check on length of each roll. Avoid the sheets count. Same thing on toilet paper. Yesterday, I work my butt off. Lots of call outs. I covered one side of hl, outside of 1 tm in p-fresh. Rough day. Then covered pharmacy, way busy there too.

Hey team I'd like to recognize Hardlinesmaster. He went above and beyond yesterday, doing the work of three people! Oh and repped!

It's also important how much you can absorb.
Can you soak up abuse from guests, lack of respect from the E's and general over extension without snapping?

Can you soak up abuse from guests, lack of respect from the E's and general over extension without snapping?

Oh yeah I never snap. I just spew venom at guests and etls alike a calm, collected, deliberate manner that is actually very frightening! But yes no snapping or losing my cool!

I start by laughing at yourself & the madness. Plus, I had the super cool etl-ge covering my calls while I was going for backup.
The big thanks really goes to him. He had taught me on how to laugh at the impossible too.
Thanks for repp!

It seems to confuse our Flow team, that and the Select a Size, nothing is ever stocked right there. Confuses guests too, if I have another guest bring up a 8=16 pack when the 16 pack is on sale, I might scream.

^^^ lol that's kinda funny and it reminds me of the times I'm stocking cans of cat food, and after looking at all the selection they have, I realize these damn cats are eating better than me. They get steak, seafood delight, chicken, roast beef, etc!

The real issue is does anyone really need that many choices for a flipping paper towel?

This can be said about almost any product in a store. Do you really need that many choices of soap, feminine products, pain reliever, etc...
As for the cat food, maybe if there weren't so many options, I wouldn't be standing there every payday taking forever to remember what my cats like.

^^^ lol that's kinda funny and it reminds me of the times I'm stocking cans of cat food, and after looking at all the selection they have, I realize these damn cats are eating better than me. They get steak, seafood delight, chicken, roast beef, etc!

I thought about the same thing when I was zoning in Pets on Friday night. I was in the cat food aisle and saw all the different flavors of Fancy Feast. I found it rather ironic how we eat all that crap from Food Ave (sorry, Redeye!) so we can pay for our cats to eat salmon and chicken and steak and all that other stuff.

Cat food is made from the parts leftover after the good parts are removed for human food. Dog food is made from horse meat.

I need to try something similar tomorrow.

It goes: "I pulled double everything and staged it at various locations, so really there's no need to have CAFS the rest of the day. Thank me later."

ETL: "That's not how the process works..."

But if we does this then what need best practice is?... Ohhhh I remember it because now we all dumm and need be told how do things!

</sarcasm></4th grade grammar>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back