I'm Lost! Pay day... my check is going to disappear!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, no judgments and no life advice. I'm in that horrible 10-hour-a-week boat and about a year post-divorce.

LONG story short.... my checking account is negative. It's negative more than the amount of my paycheck that will be direct-deposited into said account at some point this evening. Yes, I'm very much negative AND my paycheck is very small! So, my negative balance is going to eat my paycheck. It's going to be deposited, and make my negative balance less negative, but I will not be able to do anything with my paycheck. No bills, no food, no nothing.

I already submitted the change so hopefully by next paycheck (fingers crossed) I'll be getting a physical check and wont have to deal with this hubbub. But until then, has anyone ever heard of being able to stop a payroll check, or anything like that? Even if it wasn't at Target? Anyone have ANY clue what I can do to be able to actually get the money from this check? Cancel it, yadda yadda? I tried to call TMSC but they're closed until 8am... obviously I'm stressing out like mad about this RIGHT NOW.

Thanks, fellow retail warriors....

This may help you:
The Team Member Emergency Assistance Fund where employees can get between 100 to 500$ in financial assistance based on Personal Emergencies like damage/destruction of your home, uninsured medical expenses, and other serious personal circumstances. This is an application you get from your HR representative. It takes 2-3 business days for the application to be processed after you and your HR fill out and submit the application. Not everyone is approved, but you will be given a rejecion letter explaining why if you aren't given assistance.

@Hardlinesmaster gave you a great answer. The paperwork is simple, response is fast, just be honest, and I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. Hope you get a resolution right away. Let us know please.

Just as a reminder, folks, this is not the intended use of the anonymous feature. If you have something to say that you think someone else won't like, either use your own name or don't say it at all. This feature is to be used when you want to post something that may identify you back to a specific store.

Please remember IP addresses can be tracked on this forum, and it is extremely easy for these to be addressed on an individual basis once you are identified through your IP address.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you can trace my IP address at will? That makes me feel comfortable posting here. Not.

ETA: Am I taking this the wrong way or is that a threat by a forum moderator?

I'm not threatening anyone. Any forum you go to, there is someone who can see the ip addresses of people who post. I'm simply saying that that isn't the point of the anonymous feature, and we will not allow it to be used for members to make anonymous comments to each other that they wouldn't put their name behind otherwise unless it's so they won't be identified back to a specific store.

For instance, if someone was to make a lot of anonymous postings harassing other members, yes, it would be taken care of in the same way we would not allow anyone to harass other members with a known screen name.

http://www.thebreakroom.org/index.p...te-an-anonymous-thread-post.7620/#post-111465 is the link to the announcement about anonymous postings.

So you can trace my IP address at will? That makes me feel comfortable posting here. Not.

Almost every website in existence logs the IP addresses of those who visit them. Almost every bulletin board logs the IP address of the computer that sent the post. Mods typically have access to that.

True. But this is the only forum which has any connection to my job. I didn't realize that all the mods on this forum had access to the IP addresses. I don't trust all of them. So I'm outta here. I've asked Formina to delete my account.

Just to be perfectly clear:
Moderators on this forum do NOT have the ability to look up user accounts from an IP address. Each post has a link to view its IP address and moderators are were capable of revealing the IP address, but they CANNOT search that IP address to view which account(s) may be linked to it. No need for undue paranoia.
EDIT: until the need arises, I've disabled mod access to IP addresses. Please continue to report posts that require it. Thank you.

I think it's kind of whac how you guys essentially threatened the OP (don't even say you weren't threatening him, because you were) with his IP Address.. He was asking a question about his overdrawn Checking account. You're acting like it's a case of bank fraud, claiming you have his IP and for him to "Have a nice day" LOL give me a break. You're just going to push away the users from this board with an attitude like that.

BTW, this is my very first post on this forum.. Needless to say, I'm not impressed by the moderators or the admins for letting this happen. @Retail Girl is /powertripping.

I think it's kind of whac how you guys essentially threatened the OP (don't even say you weren't threatening him, because you were) with his IP Address.. He was asking a question about his overdrawn Checking account. You're acting like it's a case of bank fraud, claiming you have his IP and for him to "Have a nice day" LOL give me a break. You're just going to push away the users from this board with an attitude like that.

BTW, this is my very first post on this forum.. Needless to say, I'm not impressed by the moderators or the admins for letting this happen. @Retail Girl is /powertripping.

You arrived late and have no clue that a reply was deleted. The IP comment was not in reference to the original post. Chill out.

@Rylie Rutter I believe they were referring a poster who has since deleted their post which kind of berated the OP... they were reminding that poster that the anonymous feature isn't to attack someone, but to protect your identity when discussing location-specific topics!

Rylie it had nothing to do with the OP.
There was an Anonymous post involved that's missing and makes the whole convo a bit messy.

By in large the mods are pretty easy going but this is a new feature and we're still getting used to it.
We also tend to be pretty transparent about how we handle things.

All that said, Welcome to The Break Room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back