Archived Paycheck REVERSAL?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi friends...

Recently, about three weeks ago, I quit my job at Target. Last Friday was the last direct deposit paycheck I received from them, and it was deposited on schedule on 3/23. This morning on a whim I checked my bank statement only to see that four days later, 3/27, Target reversed the direct deposit and took the money BACK. I'm pissed and confused. Is this normal? Or should I try and get in contact with corporate?

I would call your store to find out if they have a paper check for you by any chance. If not call HROC at 1-800-394-1885. They are not open until Monday though. Good luck, I hope you get is sorted out quickly.

I think typically you have to pick up your final check but I maybe wrong

Hi friends...

Recently, about three weeks ago, I quit my job at Target. Last Friday was the last direct deposit paycheck I received from them, and it was deposited on schedule on 3/23. This morning on a whim I checked my bank statement only to see that four days later, 3/27, Target reversed the direct deposit and took the money BACK. I'm pissed and confused. Is this normal? Or should I try and get in contact with corporate?

You quit 3 weeks ago. Was it immediate or did you work more before you quit? When was your official last day? Does your state pay you out in cash (store pickup on your final day) or check (mailed to your home) for terminations? If you aren't sure, then find out from your store.

Pay reversals can happen. If your state does cash for final pay and your last day fell on a payweek but after payroll closed, then your regular pay will need to be reversed because your final pay includes that amount too.

Don't know if matters but one time I apparently worked negative hours and the actually took money out of my account on payday and didn't fix it until next payday

My store was incompetent. (Shocker.) I requested a paper check or direct deposit. I don't recall which now. I gave 3 weeks notice in writing. So, they didn't take care of it. They had to have me come in and pay me in cash. Then the direct deposit went in and out in the same day. So, not surprised.

You quit 3 weeks ago. Was it immediate or did you work more before you quit? When was your official last day? Does your state pay you out in cash (store pickup on your final day) or check (mailed to your home) for terminations? If you aren't sure, then find out from your store.

Pay reversals can happen. If your state does cash for final pay and your last day fell on a payweek but after payroll closed, then your regular pay will need to be reversed because your final pay includes that amount too.

My last day of work was March 11th. I resigned immediately. When I put my two weeks in the last time I quit they paid me via direct deposit, not check, which is why the direct deposit to reversal threw me off. They also mailed me my last three pay stubs, not live check and the last one was dated March 6th.

Don't know if matters but one time I apparently worked negative hours and the actually took money out of my account on payday and didn't fix it until next payday

Yeah it is definitely not negative. I worked 12 hours my last week, and the check was $138 so it was accurate. :)

My last day of work was March 11th. I resigned immediately. When I put my two weeks in the last time I quit they paid me via direct deposit, not check, which is why the direct deposit to reversal threw me off. They also mailed me my last three pay stubs, not live check and the last one was dated March 6th.

Only Exempt Leaders (ETLs and above) have the option receive their final pay via direct deposit.

If your last day was on 03/11 and assuming they termed you within that same week, then you should not have gotten paid on 03/23 like everyone else at your store. Your final pay should have been ready (cash pick up or check mail out) way before 03/23.

Ask your store HR about your final pay status. If it is a check that got lost in the mail, then they can request a replacement for you.

Only Exempt Leaders (ETLs and above) have the option receive their final pay via direct deposit.

If your last day was on 03/11 and assuming they termed you within that same week, then you should not have gotten paid on 03/23 like everyone else at your store. Your final pay should have been ready (cash pick up or check mail out) way before 03/23.

Ask your store HR about your final pay status. If it is a check that got lost in the mail, then they can request a replacement for you.
My final paycheck was direct deposit and I'm not an ETL. But our state is not a cash out state.

When i was let go from seasonal I got my last day’s pay cashed out and then also my paycheck direct deposit

My final paycheck was direct deposit and I'm not an ETL. But our state is not a cash out state.

The direct deposit option being for exempt TMs only is what is written in the info that I read about terminations. Whether they enforce it, I am not sure. My state does cash.

Sometimes, there is no final pay owed at the time of termination so your regular pay is the last payment you receive, which can be a check or direct deposit.

When i was let go from seasonal I got my last day’s pay cashed out and then also my paycheck direct deposit

It depends on the person who calculates your final voucher. Sometimes they include your regular paycheck amount in the final voucher and sometimes they don't. If they do, then the regular pay has to get reversed. If not, then you get both.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back