Archived PDA issues.. RF Apps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I have been an employee at Target for almost 3 months. I started out at the registers but they asked me if i wanted to work the fitting room and i said yes. I have been working there for awhile now and have everything down but how to use the PDA and printers to make new barcodes. I have had people show me, but once I try to do it by myself i just can't do it!!

I had very little training but feel stupid for not being able to figure it out, lol.

I log onto the PDA. I don't remember which number to push to get to RF Apps, but i think it's 1? obviously, if i can't get past that i can't do anything. So if someone could explain to me how to get into RF Apps from the log on screen I would be very grateful!! Thank you!

There are two places to log in on the PDA (that is, where you type in your TM number). Which one you get depends on how the person using it before you left it.

If you get the log on that is in color: type in your number and confirm your role. From there, press "My Work," then "RF Apps." Most of the time it will automatically generate the TM number that was last logged on and take you to the main RF Apps menu.

If you get the log on in black and white, text only: This is RF Apps. Log in and have a great day.

Once you're in RF Apps, it's just a matter of remembering how to get to the function you want. Many have shortcuts you simply type in (BCODE, QMOS, SUBT, etc.), but every function can be accessed through the numerical menu. For example, to print barcodes, you would type 1 and hit enter to select the "Stockroom Locator" menu, and then 6 for "Print Barcodes."

Make sense?

Once you're in RF Apps here are the main applications used as well:

NOP = 6 enter, then 3 enter - shows the location on the salesfloor where the item is located

UPCS = 5 enter, 2 enter - shows the regular price and if the item is on sale it will show that price as well, NOP will only show the regular price

A price checker can tell you too.
Also, in rf apps:
Main menu, to option 1(stockroom loc), hit 2, then s for salesfloor or b for backroom too.

I'm not sure why you would use RF apps to print barcodes...I never have. You are talking about salesfloor barcodes correct? If so you dont need to be in RF apps, just in the main system. Log in, press the home key like you would to do an item search. Click on label printing, scan the item, select whatever pog it is, if it's a flex it doesnt matter which one you select, then scan the printer you're using and viola you're done. Sometimes there is an extra step that i always just hit yes for and move on. If you're printer does not have a barcode on it, then it can not be used. There is no manual way to sync it to the PDA.

depends if you're talking about sticky barcodes for placement on product, or pog labels for shelving..

Rf apps, hit 1 for stockroom loc, hit d or 6 for print barcodes. Then hit 1, 2, or 3 depending on what you want.

I'm not sure why you would use RF apps to print barcodes...I never have. You are talking about salesfloor barcodes correct? If so you dont need to be in RF apps, just in the main system. Log in, press the home key like you would to do an item search. Click on label printing, scan the item, select whatever pog it is, if it's a flex it doesnt matter which one you select, then scan the printer you're using and viola you're done. Sometimes there is an extra step that i always just hit yes for and move on. If you're printer does not have a barcode on it, then it can not be used. There is no manual way to sync it to the PDA.

I think since she's in the fitting room, she's probably printing product UPC barcodes for re-tagging things. In this case she would need the RF Apps program. Thanks for the helpful post on shelf labels though!

True this^ I've done it many times when the label has degraded but you DO need the last 4 digits.

You can use either the TSC or Fixture Room Computer to sync the O'Neil printer (w/cable). Use the Printer Loader program to re-print the barcode.

Thank you all for the helpful responses. I feel kind of silly now because most of the time I have been in RF Apps, haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back