Archived Peace out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WalmartDrone

ETL-SE
So after two years I finally left this job. It's had it's up and downs but I will forever be grateful for Target giving me opportunities, making some solid friends and connections but after seeing the state of the store and current management processes I can't do this anymore fearing for my job every day.

So, I decided to search and luckily was hired by a banks central operation center as a loan rep with no prior experience getting paid salary, benefits and paid vacation!

It's been a journey.

Best of all, you'll get your holidays back!
Win-win!
Fair farin' & never look back.

giphy.gif

Update: Started my job yesterday! It's 15 days of training, with trainers, mentors and everything. I'll be working at their contact center in their loan department. Their building is huge with 4 breakrooms, a cafeteria. Everyone is so nice and engaged. It's just so different from my Target. Everyone looks like they like their job. They have a maternity room, they have quiet rooms wow!

I, too, am beginning my journey to a position with little-to-no prior work experience in it. I feel my odds are very stacked against me, but perhaps it will work out and I am at least considered. Good luck!

I'm starting my search as well. I've already demoted myself because there was too much collaboration between three people to try and performance me out and I wasn't about to go out that way. I'm not really thrilled about the position they are placing me in and they pretty much rushed me into it. I hired a couple resume writers. One is targeting a specific career field I want to get into and another is highlighting my experiences and can use it in a universal sense.

I opted to write my own resume. Just a short one page resume, I think I might of made the text a little too big (used mainly size 12 and 14/16 Cambria fonts) and I hope the Blue and White format I chose to run (blue panels for the Title i.e Work Experience, white background for page) looks nice..ish to the eyes of my next potential employer. the next job I apply for that needs my resume will probably get a more professional looking one.

Perhaps once I've left Spot, I can probably show you guys lmao.

So update: This job fucking sucks. I thought I was gonna enjoy working at an office. I get points deducted if I pee. Fuck that. I applied for a manager position at walmart they're hiring and got hired. I thought I hated Target, but I dread going to that bank office. Fuck sitting on my ass for 8 hours answering phones bullshit.

So update: This job fucking sucks. I thought I was gonna enjoy working at an office. I get points deducted if I pee. Fuck that. I applied for a manager position at walmart they're hiring and got hired. I thought I hated Target, but I dread going to that bank office. Fuck sitting on my ass for 8 hours answering phones bullshit.

congratulations. you left one sh*tty company to work for an even sh*ttier company.

congratulations. you left one sh*tty company to work for an even sh*ttier company.
Depends on your outlook and what you make out of it. My mindset did not aligned with sitting on my ass for eights hours on the phone. I like to be active and be a leader. Answering calls about car loans was not it.

I got hired here full time with benefits and would be getting paid more than I was at the bank and Target. I enjoy retail, and this experience will help me in my career growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back