Archived Perishable Assistant = Food Assistant Grocery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asuras

Starbucks Shift Supervisor
Recently got "promoted" to a new position at my Super Target. Just going through and updating my resume. I've heard the position being called two things in my store. Perishable Assistant and Food Assistant Grocery. So which is it? Again I work in a Super Target, and each grocery department (meat, product, deli, and bakery) each gets their own "Assistant".

So what title would best go on a resume?

Since I work in the meat department, something like this: Meat Department Assistant Manager? Or simply Grocery Assistant Manager?

I guess assistant manager is a bit of a stretch to put down. But thought it sounded alright, since I do what my team lead does (stuff like ordering), besides talking to the vendors and have any kind of authority.

Assistant to the Meat Department Manager just looked awkward.

Assistant manager makes it sound like you have a leadership role...PAs do not. Even though it's a joke, "to the" would be more accurate, because "it's lower."

Why not just "Grocery Assistant" or something?

Grocery Assistant (Target language) could mean anything to someone reading a resume. Meat department assistant manager sounds better because like I mentioned. I do what the team lead does minus a few things and lack actual authority. But I am expected to "lead" the team half the week. That is my logic with that. Went to talk to the ETL the approached me for the position. He said that is what he would put down :p

When ULV stores switch to one TL, do you guys think they'll be something like this for GM stores?

Recently got "promoted" to a new position at my Super Target. Just going through and updating my resume. I've heard the position being called two things in my store. Perishable Assistant and Food Assistant Grocery. So which is it? Again I work in a Super Target, and each grocery department (meat, product, deli, and bakery) each gets their own "Assistant".

So what title would best go on a resume?

Assistant Grocery Manager. You manage prices via TPC and coupons, oversee Fifo and fill. Replenish and order. A PA for all intents and purposes manages a grocery department. The only responsibility you do not have is oversight of a team, and in some stores PA's also do that. So no, its not a stretch!

Personally my two PA's manage my FDC process. And I would never be able to manage it without them. I require minimal follow up and it frees up a ton of my time.

When ULV stores switch to one TL, do you guys think they'll be something like this for GM stores?

No...we've been without our CTL since March and are down to one salesfloor TL for about a month now. There is nothing to fill in the gap.

Pretty much. Ours has started delegating most of grocery SP's to the PA's which is like, ain't nobody got time for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back