Pet Peeves?

Feel like venting about things other than work? What are the things that really get on your nerves and make you want to scream? One thing that really irritates me is people talking on their phone while driving. No law here against it, but it's certainly not a safe thing to do. Just hang up and drive you idiot!!! Is the call so important it can't wait?

Another kind of small thing is when I see ads on the internet with the misuse of your & you're or their, they're, & there. If millions are going to see it wouldn't you want it to be correct. Using spell check wouldn't catch this.

I'm sure I could add more, but just a couple to get us started. :)

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member
People who are proud of being ignorant. When someone is dumb and impressed with themselves I just have to leave the room.

lovecats

Free At Last!
Feel like venting about things other than work? What are the things that really get on your nerves and make you want to scream? One thing that really irritates me is people talking on their phone while driving. No law here against it, but it's certainly not a safe thing to do. Just hang up and drive you idiot!!! Is the call so important it can't wait?

Another kind of small thing is when I see ads on the internet with the misuse of your & you're or their, they're, & there. If millions are going to see it wouldn't you want it to be correct. Using spell check wouldn't catch this.

I'm sure I could add more, but just a couple to get us started. :)
People talking on their cell while driving irritates me, too. Actually, people who seem to have their phones glued to the side of their face. Coming thru the checkout. I used to work drivethru at a bank and it drove me crazy! And then there was the time in the ladies room at work when the woman in the stall next to me was answering a business call. Maybe it's because I remember when there were no cell phones.

redeye58

Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!
What's sad is when moms are strolling thru the store talking on the phone about nothing while their kids are screaming, trying to get their attention & they're ignored. :(

mrknownothing

purveyor of things
Not only do people talking on cell phones/texting like a maniac bother me when I'm cashing, but they really annoy me at my other job. I also work in a library. Even my generation was taught that you're supposed to be quiet in the library, yet we still have "patrons" (library equivalent of "guests") who yap on their phones at the circulation desk. When I was a kid, the only people that had cell phones were police officers and Angelica's mom on Rugrats.

lovecats

Free At Last!
Not only do people talking on cell phones/texting like a maniac bother me when I'm cashing, but they really annoy me at my other job. I also work in a library. Even my generation was taught that you're supposed to be quiet in the library, yet we still have "patrons" (library equivalent of "guests") who yap on their phones at the circulation desk. When I was a kid, the only people that had cell phones were police officers and Angelica's mom on Rugrats.
I have a funny story related to this. I was checking out a mother and her teenage daughter. The daughter was standing at the end of the lane texting. The mother said something to me about Target. All of a sudden the daughter looks up and says, "We're at Target? I thought we were at Walmart." The mother and I both looked at each other and laughed.

Last edited:
My biggest pet peeve ever: People who feel the need to breath down my neck at checkout. I've started taking a step back suddenly, when I run into them I say something like "oh excuse me, maybe you shouldn't stand so close." Seriously, give me some room, I don't need to smell your breath, I don't even know you!

People who don't say excuse me, they just brush past you or stand there and glare at you when those two simple words would get you to move. It's not hard, pardon me works as well if you find the excuse part too difficult.

Yes, I'm a prickly pear.

talan123

Team Member/Troll
The ending to the movie "Avatar".

A James Cameron movie that involves a hostile alien force rallying against mankind and instead of, oh I don't know, NUKING THEM FROM ORBIT, they decide to launch a land/air assault against bunch of blue cats who take over the minds of creatures with their tails and somehow end up losing to them.

Seriously, did that tick anybody else off? I couldn't have been the only one yelling that at the screen as the good guys won.

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member
The ending to the movie "Avatar".

A James Cameron movie that involves a hostile alien force rallying against mankind and instead of, oh I don't know, NUKING THEM FROM ORBIT, they decide to launch a land/air assault against bunch of blue cats who take over the minds of creatures with their tails and somehow end up losing to them.

Seriously, did that tick anybody else off? I couldn't have been the only one yelling that at the screen as the good guys won.
Maybe that's the sequel he's doing?

When someone who has no business tellig me what to do tries to tell me what to do, even if it's in a nice "sincere" matter.... **** off! I don't tell you what to do so don't you dare tell me what to do!

And people who think they are better than me and that they have to let me know that they think they are better than me!!!

Guest Attendant

Former Target Team Member
When "fat" people sue mcdonalds because mcdonalds made them fat. I'm sorry but mcdonalds DID NOT hold a gun to your head telling you to eat that big mac.

Also Jamie oliver. Eating healthy is good. Forcing people is not. He goes to these poor sections of the US and demands that they eat healthy when they can't even afford to even buy the more exopsnive junk food, how can they aford that $30 organic steak meal?

talan123

Team Member/Troll
When "fat" people sue mcdonalds because mcdonalds made them fat. I'm sorry but mcdonalds DID NOT hold a gun to your head telling you to eat that big mac.

Also Jamie oliver. Eating healthy is good. Forcing people is not. He goes to these poor sections of the US and demands that they eat healthy when they can't even afford to even buy the more exopsnive junk food, how can they aford that $30 organic steak meal?
The cost of food is actually a policy course the United States has taken. For some reason, sugar producers such as cane or corn are given massive subsidies. While those who are producing vegetables, grains, and fruit are not.

But $30 for an organic steak? BARF