Archived Picking up Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Idkanythingman

I’ve been working at target for a few and last time I was able to pick up my check easy but now they ask for identification... what should I use for that??

What should you use for identification?
What forms of identification do you currently have?

I’ve been working at target for a few and last time I was able to pick up my check easy but now they ask for identification... what should I use for that??

Wouldn't direct deposit be easier? Then you have the money while you sleep. No ID needed.

You can use your ID and TM card? My store makes you sign a form after you’ve received it also.

@mandie89 I don’t think I have a team member card just the discount card...(is that the same thing?)

They never ask me for ID. They know who I am. I just sign off.

@Hardlinesmaster in Massachusetts u can’t use your permit for identification and I don’t have my license I’m 16

@Hardlinesmaster in Massachusetts u can’t use your permit for identification and I don’t have my license I’m 16
You’re picking up a paycheck, not going through an airport or entering a secure government building. Your discount card or anything with your name and picture should be sufficient.

@SFSFun okay, I get that but they told me I needed identification and I was asking what I needed since they had not told me prior to picking it up.

Like I said, they are not going to be very picky if you give them something with your name and picture and tell them that’s all you have.

Pretty soon it may not matter! There will be no checks and/or stubs to pick up anymore.

I read an email recently that stated ALL Team Members need to: a.) set up direct deposit; or b.) sign up for the paycard option. I think all TMs have to commit to one or the other by the end of July (?). No more "paper" checks or stubs.

@HRLady ..... can you confirm this??? Or..... someone else "in the know".

Pretty soon it may not matter! There will be no checks and/or stubs to pick up anymore.

I read an email recently that stated ALL Team Members need to: a.) set up direct deposit; or b.) sign up for the paycard option. I think all TMs have to commit to one or the other by the end of July (?). No more "paper" checks or stubs.

@HRLady ..... can you confirm this??? Or..... someone else "in the know".

They are trying to get as many people as possible to utilize direct deposit or pay cards. Whether or not they can legally require us to do so is another matter. I looked up information on <.gov> websites for my own state and found out that they cannot force us to do anything. If we want a paper check, then we must be able to continue receiving a paper check. I feel like they want us to assume that there is no more paper check option by not mentioning it at all.

I found this page that summarizes the laws for each state: Paycard Laws by State | SOLE—Your money, one card. - https://www.solepaycard.com/paycard-laws (this is not a <.gov> page but it is useful for anyone who does not want to go through a whole bunch of text)

For pay stubs, they have disappeared already. You cannot pick these up anymore and will need to print these on eHR.

Last edited:
They are trying to get as many people as possible to utilize direct deposit or pay cards. Whether or not they can legally require us to do so is another matter. I looked up information on <.gov> websites for my own state and found out that they cannot force us to do anything. If we want a paper check, then we must be able to continue receiving a paper check. I feel like they want us to assume that there is no more paper check option by not mentioning it at all.

I found this page that summarizes the laws for each state: Paycard Laws by State | SOLE—Your money, one card. - https://www.solepaycard.com/paycard-laws (this is not a <.gov> page but it is useful for anyone who does not want to go through a whole bunch of text)

For pay stubs, they have disappeared already. You cannot pick these up anymore and will need to print these on eHR.

Good info ! Thanks for the clarification ! :)

You can go on eHR and ask for paper check stubs to be reinstated--for now.

Couple of things to know about this. ANY official document with a picture and name will work. 9/10 they recognize who you are and don't ask. Denying a state issued non-driver's ID is ILLEGAL. If that has happened, contact Target Corporate or speak with your ETL-HR or HR team directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back