Archived Planogram and presentation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Neutron

“Gotta Blast!”
Tell me everything you know about Plano and presentation! Specifically adjacency calendars and how to access the workbench, step by step of how to start my day and workload and which links to click on workbench

Last edited:
It would be helpful to know what your role with presentation is. Team member or TL? Just setting endcaps or getting into full inline planograms?

Adjacency calendar is a link on the left side of the main page of WorkBench. It is used mostly by the PTL for scheduling purposes and is not really all that helpful for anything else Plano related on a day to day basis.

Please ask for training in your store, it is highly inappropriate to ask for links from a corporate database .

It would be helpful to know what your role with presentation is. Team member or TL? Just setting endcaps or getting into full inline planograms?

Adjacency calendar is a link on the left side of the main page of WorkBench. It is used mostly by the PTL for scheduling purposes and is not really all that helpful for anything else Plano related on a day to day basis.
I’m getting into full inline planograms with maps n shit. What is related to Plano on a day to day?

I’m getting into full inline planograms with maps n shit. What is related to Plano on a day to day?

Your best bet is to ask a lot of questions to other presentation team members at your store. Plano can be a very ASANTS thing, different stores run it differently. And planograms throughout the store have a lot of variables that can only be truly learned as you go along. I always tell newbies it can easily take 3 years to feel really comfortable to be able to set any planogram on your own.

This is a very pared down, basic explanation of a given day: you will be handed between 1 and several planograms to set. Start with the first one. Tie the pog, create a pull, print your labels and/or grab label strips. Set the aisle according to the specifications on the planogram, move the product as needed, then pull your batch and fill it in. Move on to the next planogram and repeat.

The only thing as a tm you need off Workbench would be the learning plan for Plano. I never got one and learned as I went along. Every area of the store has it's own variables so it's hard to give exact details.

Generally, you get your pogs from your tl, go grab label strips, print header and any price changes, grab your tools and fixtures for your pogs, check for backer paper and signing and grab it, go to the first aisle, tie it, clear out clearance, down stock if needed, clean shelving and label strip holders, set shelves and/or pegs according to pog, slide in those label strips, put the header up, labels in any pegs, remerch any product you have, pull your batch, merch, backstock, rinse and repeat for the next one.

This might go differently depending on what area you're in. After that it is mostly learn the finer details as you go! Good luck!!

The only thing as a tm you need off Workbench would be the learning plan for Plano. I never got one and learned as I went along. Every area of the store has it's own variables so it's hard to give exact details.

Generally, you get your pogs from your tl, go grab label strips, print header and any price changes, grab your tools and fixtures for your pogs, check for backer paper and signing and grab it, go to the first aisle, tie it, clear out clearance, down stock if needed, clean shelving and label strip holders, set shelves and/or pegs according to pog, slide in those label strips, put the header up, labels in any pegs, remerch any product you have, pull your batch, merch, backstock, rinse and repeat for the next one.

This might go differently depending on what area you're in. After that it is mostly learn the finer details as you go! Good luck!!
Thank you so much! This is way more in depth and to the t than anyone else has explained to me. You’re the best! I’ll be saving this in my notes ❤️

From another thread:
Plano tips:
I find that no matter how much you rush to get things done, it won't make you set that much faster. It's about how you prepare and plan it.

Here are some tips if you haven't been taught this already. Some are fairly obvious, but just in case.

- Prepare before you start setting. Get all your labels and strips. Take a good look at your plano and plan your attack, what fixtures do I need? do I need backer paper? will it be easier to set 1 section at a time or all at once? Look at the cover sheet, it gives you info on what fixture you need and how many. If you look at the quantity, it may say +3, that means you need 3 more pegs and the rest that's already on that aisle can be reused)

- Try not to count the holes at first for peg height. Use your measuring tape. Each hole is exactly 1" apart. ex. from base shelf to top hole = 76" and where top and bottom back paper meets, it's always 36" (except endcaps = 34"). You can mark your tape measure to even find the letters, like the pic below.
rLwRlq0.png

- For revisions, you gotta decide what will be quicker. If there's 2-5 pegged items changing, just fix those and leave the rest of the stuff around it. If it's like 10+ pegs, or the old set is all messed up and zone is terrible, it might actually be quicker to take it all down and start from scratch. Don't clean too much unless it's really bad. Dust and move on.

- When doing a whole aisle or multiple sections, try to do a certain tasks all at once. Here's an example of my process.
1. Demerchandise everything. Don't organize it too much, just throw the sucker in a cart/repack box.
2. Remove unnecessary fixtures and add any that's required. Then remove old labels and strips. (you don't want to clean before this step, because why clean a shelf if you end up not using it?)
3. Put up any backer paper.
3. Set all the strips.
4. Adjust shelf height based on what the strips say using a measuring tape, don't look at the planogram for this info.
5. Set the pegs. (try to count based on previous pegs set or pegs around it. ex. if a peg on the left is at 'K', start count from there.
6. Put up all the labels.
7. Clean, having a duster is quick if using liquid solution isn't necessary. Don't go gung ho and try to clean every nook and cranny.
8. Put up any signing or have your signing tm do it.
9. Push the merch that you've took down.
10. Push batch like your momma just gave birth.

Your still fairly new to setting, so you shouldn't beat yourself up. I trained a few new plano tms and usually start off fairly slow, even after a few months. I find they struggle a lot at counting because there's so many pegs and figuring out how new fixtures/or fixtures they've never used before--are suppose to be set. If you have time, try to familiarize with all the different fixture. Once you've gained that experience and find what process work best for you, setting plano should be a lot quicker.

Also, why don't they just have 1 person do all the batch pulling? Seems unproductive the way you guys are doing it.
Thanks Tesla

From another thread:
Plano tips:
I find that no matter how much you rush to get things done, it won't make you set that much faster. It's about how you prepare and plan it.

Here are some tips if you haven't been taught this already. Some are fairly obvious, but just in case.

- Prepare before you start setting. Get all your labels and strips. Take a good look at your plano and plan your attack, what fixtures do I need? do I need backer paper? will it be easier to set 1 section at a time or all at once? Look at the cover sheet, it gives you info on what fixture you need and how many. If you look at the quantity, it may say +3, that means you need 3 more pegs and the rest that's already on that aisle can be reused)

- Try not to count the holes at first for peg height. Use your measuring tape. Each hole is exactly 1" apart. ex. from base shelf to top hole = 76" and where top and bottom back paper meets, it's always 36" (except endcaps = 34"). You can mark your tape measure to even find the letters, like the pic below.
rLwRlq0.png

- For revisions, you gotta decide what will be quicker. If there's 2-5 pegged items changing, just fix those and leave the rest of the stuff around it. If it's like 10+ pegs, or the old set is all messed up and zone is terrible, it might actually be quicker to take it all down and start from scratch. Don't clean too much unless it's really bad. Dust and move on.

- When doing a whole aisle or multiple sections, try to do a certain tasks all at once. Here's an example of my process.
1. Demerchandise everything. Don't organize it too much, just throw the sucker in a cart/repack box.
2. Remove unnecessary fixtures and add any that's required. Then remove old labels and strips. (you don't want to clean before this step, because why clean a shelf if you end up not using it?)
3. Put up any backer paper.
3. Set all the strips.
4. Adjust shelf height based on what the strips say using a measuring tape, don't look at the planogram for this info.
5. Set the pegs. (try to count based on previous pegs set or pegs around it. ex. if a peg on the left is at 'K', start count from there.
6. Put up all the labels.
7. Clean, having a duster is quick if using liquid solution isn't necessary. Don't go gung ho and try to clean every nook and cranny.
8. Put up any signing or have your signing tm do it.
9. Push the merch that you've took down.
10. Push batch like your momma just gave birth.

Your still fairly new to setting, so you shouldn't beat yourself up. I trained a few new plano tms and usually start off fairly slow, even after a few months. I find they struggle a lot at counting because there's so many pegs and figuring out how new fixtures/or fixtures they've never used before--are suppose to be set. If you have time, try to familiarize with all the different fixture. Once you've gained that experience and find what process work best for you, setting plano should be a lot quicker.

Also, why don't they just have 1 person do all the batch pulling? Seems unproductive the way you guys are doing it.
Thanks Tesla
I'm not sure where your other thread went but here's a reply to that.

To break down a pallet smoothly you need an organized signing area. Here's how I do it, but feel free to do things your way if you thinks it's best. Everyone has their own method.

- On a 8ft steel space (hopefully you still have one), create 4 sections at least 3ft each for: This week, next week, transition (large sets), and softline.
- For each section mentioned above, sort left to right by department, then date.
- An open floor space for oversize signing (focals, shippers, overhead, etc) or a wall to lean on.

If you still have extra spacing, I would keep it for new fixtures for an upcoming set and extra transition backer paper)

Tips.

1. Don't leave your sale plan headers in boxes (unless it comes with special graphics or back paper), take them out and put them together by department. Leaving them in boxes with take up a lot of space.
- I made a custom shipper box out of cardboard to divide all my headers into each department. If you get a chance, maybe make something similar.
2. Be aware of upcoming transitions (big sets ) and have your TL show you around workbench (non-pog signing update, merch update, adjacency calendar, transition early set notes, adjacency map, mysupport, SAP)
3. If you have any old signing/shipper that are almost past 2 weeks, get with your TL to let them know that it needs to be set ASAP or else toss them out.
4. Audit all your headers/signing every week or two to clear up space for new signing. Anything with no loc and POG number (unless new), discontinued, or past 2 week. Throw it out.

What's priority? (This kind of depends on the individual signing itself, so do what you think is more important, but generally I follow below)

1. non-POG signing and any specialty signing (door clings, operation, gift card updates, overheads, etc)
2. Transition
3. Sales plan headers
4. Softline (ASANT, I'm responsible for softline signing, but some stores have VM/softline help with that)
5. Revision

Every Tuesday, preferably before store opens. Hand your entertainment signing to the plano tm in charge of entertainment revisions and have them put it up.

Feel free to PM if you have questions.
You end been a big help. I will remember all this thank you so much for your reply ❤️

Thank you so much! This is way more in depth and to the t than anyone else has explained to me. You’re the best! I’ll be saving this in my notes ❤️

You're very welcome!! Keep in mind that you won't learn this in a week!! Because of all of the variables - freezer to stationary to detergent to paper - there are details that you can only learn along the way. The basics will remain though so once you get the routine down it's just adding knowledge.
I don't know how other stores teams are but we have a "make it work" mentality. Pogs aren't always very well written or your store has a post in the way or you don't have the right fixtures so we have the freedom to adjust and improvise as long as it still looks brand enough. So don't get frustrated in the fine details if you see it isn't going to work in that aisle.

Plano is fun and seeing an aisle look great after you're all done is a great feeling!! It is hard but rewarding work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back