Archived Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guest returned item from 2012, red clearance sticker from $10.99 to $3 something. GSA overrode return. Ended in my reshop. I repackaged it. Zebra auto filled in $0.06. I bought it when I clocked out an hour later. How bad did I fuck up? Do I return it tomorrow? How do I not get fired?

As long as you didn't rewrap it and/or keep it with you your good.

As long as you didn't rewrap it
I repackaged it. Zebra auto filled in $0.06.

Was it on the floor for at least 15-30 minutes for guests to have an opp to purchase it?
Or was it stashed behind the service desk?
It looks bad since you were the one who did the repackage but if it was on the floor long enough for others to see it you should be in the clear.
If it was stashed, they've termed people at my store for that.

Was it on the floor for at least 15-30 minutes for guests to have an opp to purchase it?
Or was it stashed behind the service desk?
It looks bad since you were the one who did the repackage but if it was on the floor long enough for others to see it you should be in the clear.
If it was stashed, they've termed people at my store for that.

I put it on an endcap in stationary for 30-60 minutes before I clocked out and bought it. I am sure AP will check cams but with it being $0.06 am I still screwed

If you ARE screwed it's not because of the price but that YOU were the one who re-wrapped it.
Because it was out on the floor for ample time, you're most likely safe.
In what case would I not be safe?

Is that breaking a rule? Should I return it or is that worse?

Is that breaking a rule? Should I return it or is that worse?
Just freaking relax. You are fine . I put re-wrap on salvage pallets to send back for a lot more than what you purchased. You already left it on the floor for the guest to have the chance . And even if you are the one that re-wrap the item you won’t get in trouble as long as you let the guest have a chance to purchase first.

I posted this in AP thread but thought I would post this too. Should I take pics of the handbook and if they talk to me show them this?

---------------------------------

I am somewhat new to this store (started on the 1st) but have been with spot for 8-9 months.

I have the handbook in front of me (idk how I found it cuz I just moved but w/e) and here is what I find:

"Team members may not purchase salvage merchandise or any item ringing up with a .00 price. Team members cannot active salvage merchandise for purchase by another Team Member of themselves".
- While the ONLINE ITEM sticker showed NOW $0.00, the Zebra AND POS showed $0.06. I did not activate the ONLINE ITEM so I could buy it, I did it so it could go on the shelf.

"Team members may not mark down merchandise outside of best practice for their own benefit or for the benefit of others".
- I did it so it could go out on the shelf.

"High demand merchandise is... clearance"
"Team members may only purchase HDM found in the item's proper location on the sales floor... not purchase HDM found in off stage areas (back room, GS desk, reshop)"
- I put it on a clearance endcap in stationary.

"HDM moved to the sales floor (from the backroom, GS, reshop) during store hours must remain on a shelf for enough time necessary to ensure the guest has a meaningful opportunity to purchase such items (15 minutes is sufficient)
- Within 5 minutes of putting the online item on it, it was on the endcap. It was there until the end of my shift at 9:45 (we close at 10) so maybe an hour. Maybe only 30 minutes.

"TMs are subject to disciplinary action (including termination) if they return or attempt to return merchandise purchased in violation of this policy"
- Wait wtf I only get in trouble if I return it?

Please help me figure out what to do. I have a shift in an hour and a half.

I posted this in AP thread but thought I would post this too. Should I take pics of the handbook and if they talk to me show them this?

---------------------------------

I am somewhat new to this store (started on the 1st) but have been with spot for 8-9 months.

I have the handbook in front of me (idk how I found it cuz I just moved but w/e) and here is what I find:

"Team members may not purchase salvage merchandise or any item ringing up with a .00 price. Team members cannot active salvage merchandise for purchase by another Team Member of themselves".
- While the ONLINE ITEM sticker showed NOW $0.00, the Zebra AND POS showed $0.06. I did not activate the ONLINE ITEM so I could buy it, I did it so it could go on the shelf.

"Team members may not mark down merchandise outside of best practice for their own benefit or for the benefit of others".
- I did it so it could go out on the shelf.

"High demand merchandise is... clearance"
"Team members may only purchase HDM found in the item's proper location on the sales floor... not purchase HDM found in off stage areas (back room, GS desk, reshop)"
- I put it on a clearance endcap in stationary.

"HDM moved to the sales floor (from the backroom, GS, reshop) during store hours must remain on a shelf for enough time necessary to ensure the guest has a meaningful opportunity to purchase such items (15 minutes is sufficient)
- Within 5 minutes of putting the online item on it, it was on the endcap. It was there until the end of my shift at 9:45 (we close at 10) so maybe an hour. Maybe only 30 minutes.

"TMs are subject to disciplinary action (including termination) if they return or attempt to return merchandise purchased in violation of this policy"
- Wait wtf I only get in trouble if I return it?

Please help me figure out what to do. I have a shift in an hour and a half.
You're fine, unless you go around telling everyone about it at your store. I'm sure they have more important things to worry about.

Honestly if you just have a candid conversation with your ETL-AP, you should be fine. Unless they are already trying to term you, I wouldn't lose sleep over this.

What I mainly look for with rewraps is when a team member creates a massive markdown rewrap and then purchases it themselves. However, if you initiate the topic, your ETL-AP probably won't make much of it, because at least you're trying to CYA.

Honestly if you just have a candid conversation with your ETL-AP, you should be fine. Unless they are already trying to term you, I wouldn't lose sleep over this.

So I should go up to them or wait for them to approach me? Our APTL just quit so we have a temp ETL-AP until we find a new APTL if that changes anything. It happened last night so I dont think they are trying to term me yet.

What I mainly look for with rewraps is when a team member creates a massive markdown rewrap and then purchases it themselves.

Also I did the price the zebra autofilled, it was $0.06

You should 100% initiate that conversation and not wait for someone to bring it up to you.
So do I go to our temp ETL-AP? Also what do I say?

Yes you should tell him/her. I understand the proce was made automatically. Anytime you're faced with a disciplinary concern, you're always safest by just being honest with your supervisors. We're human, we can usually tell the difference between a mistake of the mind and a mistake of the heart. It's not a big deal if you just be honest about it.

Yes you should tell him/her. I understand the proce was made automatically. Anytime you're faced with a disciplinary concern, you're always safest by just being honest with your supervisors. We're human, we can usually tell the difference between a mistake of the mind and a mistake of the heart. It's not a big deal if you just be honest about it.

Do I wait until I see them in the day and ask them then and there? Ask over walkie? What exactly should I say? This APETL literally just started and is temp (but they have been with target for like 17 years CA -> TPS -> APS -> APTL -> ETLAP lol) so they don't really know anyone and may not be here for long and idk if I will ever see them tbh

Sorry for all these questions I am just really stressed lol

No offense but I take it you're very young. Just be humble and explain everything to them in person. The fact that you're this concerned speaks volumes about your character. Meanwhile I'm here dealing with TMs stealing locked up items, walking right out the door to their cars with them, no shame in the world.

No offense but I take it you're very young. Just be humble and explain everything to them in person. The fact that you're this concerned speaks volumes about your character. Meanwhile I'm here dealing with TMs stealing locked up items, walking right out the door to their cars with them, no shame in the world.
I just don't know what to say to them. Do I just go "Someone accepted this return from 2013 and I put an online only sticker on it and the zebra auto filled for $0.06 and I put it on a clearance endcap for 30 mins to an hour and decided to buy it at the end of my shift and when I got home I realized I shouldn't have but I looked at the handbook and I seem to have followed the proper rules but I am not sure and idk what to do. I am pretty sure you will get a report about this and I wanted to talk to you about it before you got the report. Can you please help me on what to do?"

Also my next worry is actually finding time to tell the APETL this. The only time I think I can is if I see him on the floor

Also should I record the audio just in case? (I am technically in a one party consent state). I just don't know what will happen and idk if I should have that for worst case

Last edited:
I would say just let it go since you did put it on the floor to allow guests time to purchase it and you bought it as a guest after you were clocked out. If it happens down the road id ask the gstl if its ok that you buy it but id just leave it at this point. We had a tm get fired for that but they were hanging onto the items not putting them out for guests.

I would say just let it go since you did put it on the floor to allow guests time to purchase it and you bought it as a guest after you were clocked out. If it happens down the road id ask the gstl if its ok that you buy it but id just leave it at this point. We had a tm get fired for that but they were hanging onto the items not putting them out for guests.
I 100% will not do it again (I mean like if a product is there for a week or whatever I may buy it). But this time I made sure it was on an endcap. I don't know the exact time but it was at least 15-30 mins, maybe an hour.

Your story is changing. Spot might get you. Tell them now.
What has changed?

I think you’re overthinking this a lot, which I understand I do it too. Pretty much just find your ETL-AP on the floor or in the office one day, go up to him and say “hey I had this weird feeling about something that I did and I wanted to just be upfront ask you about it” and just explain it. I’m sure it’ll be fine, at worst you’ll just get a “hey just don’t purchase stuff that you’ve personally rewrapped again”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back