Please share your store's plan for the weekend hiring event

Are you setting up everyone that comes in to do a video interview? (Since there won’t be walk in interviews.) Are you even putting up a table for the event? Have there been directives sent by corporate?

I had a wanna be TM come to the SD and ask for a paper application. When I explained that it's all online, she got upset and asked if there was someone she could speak to about it! I said no of course.
Some people don't have computers. I thought a paper backup was a must for such people.

A paper application is still available and acceptable. HR basically has to input it for them.

There are always options to submit an application online. We’ve had people go to the library and use a computer to complete it. Although now that interviews are all virtual it’ll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

But as for the NHE this weekend we’ll have a table set up and my ETL and I will basically be doing a meet and greet and chatting up anyone willing to listen to us. This is going to be one of the few times district and group actually come out to our area and visit so we’ll breakout the sunshine and rainbows too.

Anyone else find the tshirts um, interesting? Like the placement of the bullseye and target.com/career under it? Right under my boobs? Like that’s where I want people looking to get a job? Anyone..??

I look at applying online as step 1 of the interview process. If you can't problem solve how to do that, then how are you going to work a mydevice? We can't have people who don't know how to work a phone.

We have a table set upfront . We have interviews happening right now in person too. May be scheduled before this .

I would assume that everyone has a smartphone now days they could do it that way too
Maybe I'm missing something, but all the applications I've filled out this year were formatted for a computer, not a phone, simply because of screen size. On top of the misery of "typing" speed when you have to upload your resume followed by having to retype it in all the fill in fields without a proper keyboard. An application that takes half an hour on the computer must be insane on a phone. And how do you properly format and add graphics to a resume without a word processor and graphics library? Or do the tests that are stage two of the application process, personality and skills?

Back