Archived Policy for TM In Store Pickup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berry Red

Team Member
Are there any specific policies regarding team members using in store pickup while actually in the store at the same time? If they are on the clock, is that a terminal offense? And what about if they are off the clock? How lazy are you to not go get it yourself?

You can't shop on the clock, even on Target.com. There's no rule against doing an order pick up when you aren't working, though. Sometimes I need something and when I'm closing I won't have time to shop for it after my shift so I can do an OPU. It's not about being lazy for me.

Are you a sfs tm annoyed people are ordering their lunch rather than getting themselves? This came up in the q4 thread.

It is against the purchasing guidelines if they order it or pick it up on the clock.

Your issue is going to be proving they weren't on break when they ordered it. You would need an AP and an HR who cares enough to pursue it.

Such firings generally require hrbp approval, aka don't waste your time

Last edited:
I did it the other day. The order came in just before 2, right before I had to be finished with store orders. This team member was standing by the GSA and mentioned that if they placed the order that I'd have to pick it. They worked 8 to 4:30 that day, so if they weren't at lunch...AP seemed interested, HR did not.

I did it the other day. The order came in just before 2, right before I had to be finished with store orders. This team member was standing by the GSA and mentioned that if they placed the order that I'd have to pick it. They worked 8 to 4:30 that day, so if they weren't at lunch...AP seemed interested, HR did not.

8 to 4:30 would have had two 15s, totally possible that's when they did it

You can't shop on the clock, even on Target.com.

Ha. I have TLs, LODs, TMs, everyone coming up to buy stuff. Sure they're probably on break but those purchases happening right before close? Nope. No one clocks out at the end of their shift and then comes to the register. Because GS has to shut everything down too.

Ha. I have TLs, LODs, TMs, everyone coming up to buy stuff. Sure they're probably on break but those purchases happening right before close? Nope. No one clocks out at the end of their shift and then comes to the register. Because GS has to shut everything down too.

You can't aren't supposed to shop on the clock, even on Target.com.

I used to have a TM that did is all the time. It was annoying as fuck because often the only order in that time would be the one they put in and thus making more work for the other brtms. She'd often order shit for her kids too. When flexes where on the PDA we could see who ordered what usually and would simply cancel her order when she did it on a day where we had no LOD checking INFs. If asked, we'd say a guest took it all but decided to put it back or something

I did an OPU order in-store, but I was on my break. I went to GS to confirm that TMs get to price match Target.com (gotta pretend I'm not on here, LOL) which had the thing I wanted for $15 cheaper than the in-store price. I said I could just order it but that would make more work for the OPU person who promptly spoke up "please! I need something to do!" so I just put the order through right then. She had it picked within 10 minutes, I think.

I did not pick it up until after my shift, though.

i have no issue with it. Because it will be hard to prove by spot, unless you are using my checkout. Sales are sales for your store.

Assuming OPU isn't busy or the TM isn't expecting them to pick their order first or stuff like that, I figure it's the least I can do to help justify more hours for the OPU folks.

TMs should be allowed to place an OPU on their breaks or whatever. I get picked up since I don’t drive and sometimes I need things but don’t have the time after my shift to go get them and then wait in line and then be checked out before my ride gets there. So it’s nice to spend like 5 minutes on my break to place an order and then just get it really quick after I clock out and then leave. I really wouldnt care if some random backroom TM were to whine and say me doing that was somehow creating more work for them because it’s literally their job lol just like when TMs come up to check out at GS when there’s no line I’m not gonna be like “uh excuse me I don’t appreciate you making me work” lol

I work nights, so I'm checking out its after 10, and cashiers are usually all for people coming to their lanes because the time goes way faster when you're checking people out vs. standing there.

We had a closing ETL do their shopping through OPU, we have also has some TM do it on their 30 or 15s, if you don't have a change of clothes it can be nice to just grab your items and run without guests stopping to ask if you work there.

Sidenote I will walk around other Targets in a red shirt and gladly tell them I don't work there. Most of my dress shirts are blue and I don't work at Walmart or Best Buy either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back