• Never, because I'm no puss

• Outside

• In the arms of a TM

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GGKO4Xb.gif
oh thats his name

I say cry if you need to and fuck anybody who gives you a hard time about it.
If I was a manager I'd ask if you needed time off the floor to collect yourself but that's only because some people don't like coming apart in public.
If you don't mind, I'm not going to press.

My ex decided it was very important to text me with the information that an old friend of ours had passed away suddenly, right in the middle of my shift at my old store.
Probably the only time I cried at work and I didn't care who knew.

You be you.
Don't let people shame you.

Last edited:
I cried leaving my old store for the last time. Didn't expect the emotions to hit me all at once.

We are humans with emotions....we are not robots....yes I have cried at the timeclock......grabbed a fellow TM to help calm me down.....also walked in on a TM crying in breakroom once or twice...tried my best to talk and help calm them down.

I usually don’t cry in front of people that aren’t family or really close friends, but one day on my way to work, I started dying. I mean, not literally, but I never felt pain so bad in my life. I didn’t let a tear fall until I got to the break room and then one of my work moms rubbed my back and I pulled myself together to pop some ibuprofen. Otherwise, bathroom or fitting room if I really can’t prevent it. I’ve locked myself in a fitting room to have an anxiety attack a couple of times.

Crying makes me feel embarrassed. I don’t react negatively when other people cry in the open, though...

Last edited:
Things I have seen people cry for

"Hours cut"

"Not sure how I'm going to pay the bills"

"My ETL spoke harshly to me. My TL spoke harshly to me"

"Rude guest"

"Bossy team member"

"A birthday card I wrote for a team member" :)

"A guest recording a team member denying a return"

"Terminations"

"Baby daddy drama"

"Tuned in a term form and regretted it"

"Unrealistic expectations"

We are just TMs remember there is a TL or ETL that has to answer to why all the shit didn’t get done. Just do your best and keep moving.
never cry, swear a little that’s ok.

I've never really wanted to cry on the job, never been that stressed. I've wanted to just walk out and leave, but never really just stop and cry. I know shit hits the fan once in a while and if you gotta let it out, go ahead and do it. I need to cry again, I've wanted to cry about graduating, having to do adult things, thinking about how my grandparents aren't gonna be here much longer, my parents are now 45-46 years old, I'm looking to move out with my GF, just life things.

I've also been thinking about once my grandparents die, my parents are next in the line 20-30 years down the line. God, I hope I have so much longer with them. I miss being babied and shit, being held when I'm down, or hurt. I'd be crying super duper hard because I might of scratched or pinched myself and my parents would make it better. Just thinking how lonely this fucking world's gonna be once they're gone and I'm next in line, and I've got my own kids, my girlfriend of now will be my wife of 10ish years, a mortgage to pay, shit fucking hurts.

edit; fuck, had a rough night and it's slowly coming out in the form of tears lol, never knew a most topic most likely made as a joke could trigger me so heavily

I do not feel the need to cry. If I get stressed or pissed off, I walk to the freezer and scream my mother fucking head off. Then I'm fine, lol.

I know everyone the same emotionaly but I couldn't imagine crying over a shit job like that his I mean, it's not even real

Maybe if you were a nurse and someone died but not retail

I've cried so many times I've lost count.

Cried the entire month after I lost a promotion to someone who had only been there 6 months. Then proceeded to cry when I transferred out of spite.

Best was breaking down in PFresh after everyone left and there was still freezer left to push. I was overwhelmed and pissed I was being screwed over for development and proceeded to cry/yell at our Flow TL for giving me no training let alone support in general in the world of logistics and food.

He thought it was his fault that he kept apologizing for two weeks. o_O:(

I'm not very good at expressing my anger so it just comes out in pure tears! :oops:

When you feel like you want (I didn't say have) to cry...

Be thankful you have a job and a paycheck

Be glad you aren't homeless or broke

Be happy that the job (roofer, ditch digger, house painter, plumber, ect) isn't worse.

And in the worst case scenario...

Pretend that this is your last day in prison and you're gonna be released soon.

That one always works for me. ;)

I've cried so many times I've lost count.

Cried the entire month after I lost a promotion to someone who had only been there 6 months. Then proceeded to cry when I transferred out of spite.

Best was breaking down in PFresh after everyone left and there was still freezer left to push. I was overwhelmed and pissed I was being screwed over for development and proceeded to cry/yell at our Flow TL for giving me no training let alone support in general in the world of logistics and food.

He thought it was his fault that he kept apologizing for two weeks. o_O:(

I'm not very good at expressing my anger so it just comes out in pure tears! :oops:
I can see. What does the Flow TL have to do either food, you yelled at the wrong Person lol

I'm a GSTL we're expected to be made of stone. No crying or you'll have to drop down and give the STL 20 push ups.

I don't cry but I do swear. A lot. In the fixture room as I aggressively clean up what others seem to be incapable of putting away. And I do it it loudly so I am pretty sure at least half the backroom hears me and the PMT whose office shares a wall. Occasionally he will pop his head in to make sure I haven't injured myself.
yeah one of our backroom tms just got fired for swearing loudly and throwing empty boxes.. :confused:

I can see. What does the Flow TL have to do either food, you yelled at the wrong Person lol
It was when Flow would work FDC, and he just got the brunt of it ALLLLL. I was a new transfer and was just scheduled in random departments for a year before finally being settled into flow->>> Consumables. It was a lot to process and I finally just let him have it.

I cried a few times when I was training, but now I'm a toughened tm so I don't know what could make me cry there now. A couple years at Target have created an emotional shield that is impervious to people's bullshit. It's handy.

Same. When I first started, they already had me learn different work centers simultaneously. HR alone already had a lot of material to pick up on. Anyway, the leadership team was not very nice to me and talking a whole bunch of smack behind my back since I wasn't an expert at everything already (even though I was new). My friend told me about what they said so I spoke with the ETL-HR and cried. My ETL-HR took care of it and became a great support/mentor to me over the next few years. Over time, I got good at my job and became more confident at everything. I rarely cry now, except for the time that my ETL-HR left.

On the topic of being heated hot heads, I have a cart attendant friend who gets pissed at the smallest inconvenience on the work place. He gets even more pissed if you make him do a bathroom check(which he never does)

He gets verbally pissed and yells at everyone and me. He's tried fucking fighting me twice in front of customers. First time was me and him were cashiering, I was in the lane in front of him, a guest was paying and I was waiting for the receipt to get around, I guess he was struggling to get a spider wrap off, and I glanced over just REAL quick, I didn't even look directly at him I was just waiting for the receipt to print and he throws a fit at me in front of his guest and mine. "ARE YOU JUST GONNA STAND THERE AND LOOK AT ME!? HELP ME!!!!!" and I was like "seriously dude?" and I took it off for him. I still talk to him about that day to this day and he doesn't give a fuck, just shows the kind of person he is lol he says he gives no fucks he's embarrassed me, himself, and traumatized his guest. I've debated talking to the GSTLs about him, but he's a friend. Guests have complained about his shitty Cart Attending attitude, too. Once to me personally, actually.

2nd time he was doing carts and it was a relatively lax night, but it was raining. I had to piss soooo bad and I was stuck at SCO, so I asked him if he could just watch it for literally no more than one minute. He says "sure!" and I run to the bathroom. I come back and he gets on my case because he counted how many seconds I was gone and it apparently amounted to a minute and 47 seconds and he tried to argue with me in front of everyone at SCO, so again I'm asking him "are you serious? Knock it off." and he's all "Sorry you said just a minute, you should of been back."

He's apologized for that one, but he swears he was just joking. Joking my fucking ass lol, you were pretty fuckin triggered.

He's called me a douche, an ass, and doesn't hold back against what he talks about to me. He tries to be loud. He'll be telling me a story about that time he smoked weed when I'm at SCO, and Ive got little kids and parents right next to me. He'll swear on the job and talk like it's normal and he can just do that in front of all these people. I remind him we're suppose to be professional, and he just gets on my case lol. Next time he tries to start something I'm definitely getting my GSA or GSTL in on this, I don't have anything written down to remember or to give specific incident reports, but I can tell them a lot about him lol.

He's trying to get a new job at PetSmart as a Cashier now LMAO. Just today right before my overnight shift it's been raining(5+ inches) and I see him and I say "Hey! What's up?" and he tells me he doesn't wanna hear it. And I'm kind of like "??? okay." and I guess for some stupid reason he thought I was gonna be a smart ass about the rain. He's such an attention whore, he makes his own shifts living hell because he's a big baby, and then expects sympathy from me especially even though I rarely ever get none. I was complaining about my schedule, and he calls me a big bitch. Fair enough, but when he complains about HIS schedule, I call him a lil baby or bitch and he gets upset lmao.

It's all really just banter, we're goodish friends from highschool, but he's god damn toxic to just work with some times. He needs to be sorted out and you know what? I'm not afraid to submit him into the hands of our GSTL because he personally has gotten guest complaints about him being super pissed, banging on carts, loudly putting them away(practically throwing them, making a big bang)

I'd expect him to do the same if I acted out like him because I'm kind of being a piece of shit at that point, but he has no reason to because I've always been the guy to not do that kind of stuff, and he has no reason to.

Sorry, post got long

TL;DR My friend at my store is a piece of shit once in a while and a super hot-head over the littlest things most of the time

Cried once in the backroom since usually by three it’s just Flex and Backroom TMs. It was an already shit day, having SFS just shit the bed and then nobody answering my calls for assistance just broke me that day. Otherwise I try to stay on top of my conceal don’t feel emotions, but there’s some days where that is unusually hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back