Archived Possible termination

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I received my 60 days Review from my ETL and It’s possible that I might get terminated if I don’t improve like work faster on reshop and pulls, auditing, take breaks ASAP (not buying something than taking it), greet guests, and no food or drinks in the boat. I’m an electronics team member and I’m expecting an answer this Thursday. I never received a ncns, my attendance is perfect so far and I’m taking breaks asap, I’m greeting every guests. I’ve been told I’m decent in reshop, I’ve been getting better. I’m worried as well because I work 14 hours next week (not this upcoming week, week after that); even though it might mean something else. But what are your guys thoughts and suggestions to improve reshop and auditing? How come they didn’t fire me right there and then? And if I do get terminated, what’s the process on that?

Thank you

Last edited:
So I received my 60 days Review from my ETL and It’s possible that I might get terminated if I don’t improve like work faster on reshop and pulls, auditing, take breaks ASAP (not buying something than taking it), greet guests, and no food or drinks in the boat. I’m an electronics team member and I’m expecting an answer this Thursday. I never received a ncns, my attendance is perfect so far and I’m taking breaks asap, I’m greeting every guests. I’ve been told I’m decent in reshop, I’ve been getting better. I’m worried as well because I work 14 hours next week (not this upcoming week, week after that);

Do things without being told. I complete the audit before being reminded. Grab reshop when you come in. Put it out quickly. I'd imagine attachments are not great so try to offer EVERYTHING with each sell plus red cards.

Many people will be let go as part of seasonal reduction. In most cases it's not because you're a bad TM, just that you're not great enough to warrant the payroll in time periods when it's tight. To become a permanent TM, specifically as an electronics TM, you should focus on getting those square trades. At least in my district, it's the #1 thing the DTL cares about. Call it out on the walkie. Ask your ETL/TL to pull up the metrics to see how you're doing compared to the rest of the team and to the other stores in the district. Show that you really care about the department (or at least fake it). Know your sales goal for the day and try to get an overall feel for how often your department's been able to make sales goal over the week/month. If your DTL visits the store while you're there, be proactive and greet him/her while they're in your area. My DTL asks every TM they talk to if they know their sales goal for the day and how they are to reaching it.

Basically ask your ETL for the modernization guidelines for your department and try to live by it.

Well that day is here and no one got back to me but I look at the latest schedule which is two weeks and I’m scheduled for 19 hours. Better than nothing really, and I can always pick up hours which I have done for Saturday and it’s already on the system. Perhaps it wasn’t my performance maybe they hired people and maybe making adjustments. Who knows I don’t want to rock the boat right now.

That’s what I’ve been doing, boss. I sped up my pace to where reshop and pulls are getting done rather quickly and I am zoning when it’s slow. I also sold 5 attachments, 4 of which are SquareTrades. Took some tips from this forum and asked others TLs for improvement, so thank you. Got couple of praises from the LOD and GSA.

I have an update for you guys, well I asked to be transferred to be a cashier two weeks ago and the HR leader agreed since I’m friendly and provide good customer service. So far, it’s been great and I feel like time is going fast whereas in Electronics it’s going slow. And I saw my schedule for the two weeks and I’m there, which means it’s during and after my 90 days and scheduled for 22 hours. I think I’ve made it and can relax unless I do something to get fired, well this is true even after the 90 days. My final update will be on my 90th day (28th).

Don't let up just because you're over your 90 days. They aren't going to term you at this point. It sounds like their conversation with you was really just to get your ass into gear, and you seem to have done that pretty well. Just keep it up!

Sounds like you passed though just fine. We only have 4 fully qualified ETM's at my store. Myself and another person are the only full-times though. You will work your way up quick, especially if you learn other area's of the store. Find out the area's that are in need of help and learn the process. :)
Welcome aboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back