Archived Possible to work for both Target and Target Tech?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing the answer to this is 'No' due to some kind of competitor's clause, but, my store is one of the stores that is keeping Target Tech around rather than phasing it out, and, as an Electronics Team Member I'm tired of the unprofessionalism and lack of focus from the Target Tech Team at my store and feel that I could improve sales and do far better if I was able to handle the Target Tech side of things in addition to my duties in Electronics.

Is it possible to work for both companies at once? Or is there a clause in place that doesn't allow for it? Anyone know? Thanks!

Tech folks are contractor under market source.. Slowly being phased out by spot.
Yeah, but they've said they aren't getting rid of them in high foot traffic stores due to the weight of guest traffic not allowing for Electronics TMs to handle all the push that needs to be done along with helping Guests. Unless they're going to shift to pulling in more hires and have some people carpet-only they seem to be keeping Target Tech on in a handful of stores just so Electronics can complete the workload.

When Target Tech is removed from the stores, what are we going to do? Are we also going to phase out mobile phones? How will things work?

It doesn't appear that Target Tech has has much success. Is this our fault or the Target Tech groups fault?

When Target Tech is removed from the stores, what are we going to do? Are we also going to phase out mobile phones? How will things work?

It doesn't appear that Target Tech has has much success. Is this our fault or the Target Tech groups fault?
It had success when it was ran by Radio Shack, they got treated like team members and got the same discount, got better pay, and better commission. They also had a bigger selection of phones for post pay carriers. Target for greedy and decided they could save and make more money by owning the inventory and probably paying a lot less to have market source run it.

Our Target Tech is so busy sometimes it's ridiculous. If I was told to sell phones with my current pay, which is the highest out of all the electronics team members, I would laugh and ask to go work in style. I hate clothes, but I would hate trying to sell phones and teaching people how to use stuff they probably shouldn't be buying because they are going to come back for help all the damn time.

My problem with Mobile was that, at my old store, they were never around. Guests would come in asking about whatever deal we're advertising, and I'd tell them I don't know where Mobile is, no, there isn't any way I can call them, and no, I have no idea when they will be here. I'd have to get LOD involved at least once or twice a week.

I really would rather just have red shirts take over phones, assuming we had at least two Electronics TMs at all times. Unfortunately, that's not gonna happen, and it's gonna be a shitshow as the one Electronics TM gets busy doing phones and Hardlines either doesn't show up to do unlocks in a timely manner or lacks product knowledge.

Also, whoever renamed Target Mobile to Target Tech is a fucking idiot. Tech is a confusing term that makes it sound like they're the general electronics experts, rather than us Electronics TMs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back