Archived Possible topics at Fall National Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a music pilot running. I'm sure they are talking about store modernization, PDA end-of-life and everything to do with that, SFS and becoming more digital.

i always worry they'll decide to start playing music in stores

How successful E2E has been.

itworksonastorebystorebasis

we're already fancier walmart thats good enough for me

personally i'd die spending an entire shift in electronics w/ the tvs on top of music that i most likely hate and kids thinking its funny to play every speaker demo on max volume

I did that during the May electronics reset this year.

I think my PTL was about to write me up.

My store has music playing. It's good music though. I feared them playing some terrible elevator music on repeat. It's actually pretty good. Also helps guest relax as we have long lines.

OT: Probably discussing more ways to cut hours

What songs do they play?

TL and ETL Structure and Titles.... ETL- Essential and ETL Style are floating out there...

ETL-Essential and ETL Style? Oh great so I guess we're going back to ETL-Hardlines and ETL-Softlines basically.

ETL.com is coming to a store near you, that was news about 4 months ago though

Oh good lord.

Awww the dog is cute though.

Funny, as a Target customer I actually like the music playing in the store. Makes it feel more "upscale".
Some Walmarts play music. Craig Robinson is on the commercials on it, or at least he was. My friend that is a manager at Walmart use to bitch about hearing him on repeat.

"Today, Chip and Joanna Gaines—the duo behind Magnolia and the hit HGTV show “Fixer Upper”—stopped by Target’s Fall National Meeting in Minnesota to surprise team members with some big news.

This November, Target will launch Hearth & Hand with Magnolia, an exclusive home and lifestyle brand designed in partnership with Chip and Joanna. It’s Magnolia’s first time working with a retailer to design and create product, and with over 300 items spanning tabletop, home décor and giftables, it’s one you don’t want to miss. The best part? It’s not a limited time collab—this partnership will last multiple years, and will refresh season after season, bringing Target’s guests stylish home goods on an ongoing basis. The first collection arrives on Nov. 5, just in time for holiday gatherings."
This New Home and Lifestyle Brand by Chip and Joanna Gaines is Only at Target

"Today, Chip and Joanna Gaines—the duo behind Magnolia and the hit HGTV show “Fixer Upper”—stopped by Target’s Fall National Meeting in Minnesota to surprise team members with some big news.

This November, Target will launch Hearth & Hand with Magnolia, an exclusive home and lifestyle brand designed in partnership with Chip and Joanna. It’s Magnolia’s first time working with a retailer to design and create product, and with over 300 items spanning tabletop, home décor and giftables, it’s one you don’t want to miss. The best part? It’s not a limited time collab—this partnership will last multiple years, and will refresh season after season, bringing Target’s guests stylish home goods on an ongoing basis. The first collection arrives on Nov. 5, just in time for holiday gatherings."
This New Home and Lifestyle Brand by Chip and Joanna Gaines is Only at Target

eh

[QUOTE="

ETL-Essential and ETL Style? Oh great so I guess we're going back to ETL-Hardlines and ETL-Softlines basically.

ETL- Style - Will likely oversee Softlines, Home, Electronics, Cosmetics and GE

ETL- Essential Will oversee Paper, Chemicals, Pets etc.... and Logistics (Whoop there it is)

also, I am hearing the removal of having a specific LOD

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="

ETL- Style - Will likely oversee Softlines, Home, Electronics, Cosmetics and GE

ETL- Essential Will oversee Paper, Chemicals, Pets etc.... and Logistics (Whoop there it is)

also, I am hearing the removal of having a specific LOD

This would only be fair, if "Essential" ETL, and yes I will call it that, also oversee's Grocery. The huge difference between back when there was an ETL-Hardlines and an ETL-Softlines, there was also an ETL-Logistics, a Position and year and a half ago looked as if it was easily the most safe ETL position.

Last edited:
I bet there will be a lot of housewives swooning over anything Magnolia/Chip & Joanna Gaines though....

My store already started to use terms Style and Essentials to classify ETLs. Hardlines and Softlines only exists on scheduling. But that will likely change soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back