Archived Possible topics at Fall National Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear the opposite from most our guests. I get compliments often how relaxing it it that target doesn’t play music. It’s great for that 8am mom that likes a quiet start to her day.

During my stint at the other retailer, I was surprised at how many complaints we got out about various playlists. I am not pro-music if it's going to give guests yet something else to complain about, frankly.

Seeing pics of these lizard people yucking it up at their elite lizardfest has really put the whole modernization thing into perspective for me
Last year our stl was in a pic with the dtl and another stl I'm good friends with... at the concert... drinking beer. I enjoyed showing everyone what "hard work" he was doing st national meeting 😂

For the record, the band had nothing to do with that river incident lol. It was the bus driver, who was fired. The band donated a ton of money afterwards.
Very true, but "tour bus driver" doesn't stick in memory as well as DMB.

I think I may be the only person that works at Target that does NOT think this is a plus. I don't want to wear jeans to work any more than I will EVER wear red or khaki in my real life.
Home depot has no real uniform. Just the safety vest that you customize.

IMO, the forever in blue jeans thing will happen if we comp 5% or not. It isn't so much a carrot to increase sales, but an effort to help get hires in a low unemployment economy. Having to buy and wear khakis is a turn off for a lot of potential new hires.

My store banned people from wearing the red vest about a month ago. They said HQ doesn’t consider vests part of the dress code which I know is total BS.

You are correct. Your store is totally making that up. How can a Target red vest be a violation of the dress code? As stated in the handbook, both California and Washington are required to have it available for TMs who need one. There is a poster from HQ that says that vests are acceptable. It is hotline time.

IMO, the forever in blue jeans thing will happen if we comp 5% or not. It isn't so much a carrot to increase sales, but an effort to help get hires in a low unemployment economy. Having to buy and wear khakis is a turn off for a lot of potential new hires.

Agreed! We have new hires now that are wearing either black jeans or the same pair of dark grey joggers for every single shift. On the plus side, their pants are clean every day and they don't smell like they haven't showered in years unlike some veteran team members.

Someone should point out that this end to end thing is going to end just as well as target Canada did
But of course any store that said that would get plumbing issues
for us it is our floor. totally convinced with the tinfoil hat upon my head that the above quote is the reason why it has yet to be fixed during the previous remodels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back