Post hire background checks?

Hello! I’ve been with the company for a few years but I just have a quick question. I was recently placed into HR. I was told I would need to complete a post hire consent form and a post hire conviction questionnaire as part of the background check. This is just to check criminal activity right? I’ve never heard of them doing this so I was just curious!! Is this also a drug test? I wasn’t really told about any of this before hand so I was just wondering! Either way it’ll be fine but I was just curious! Thanks!

Hello! I’ve been with the company for a few years but I just have a quick question. I was recently placed into HR. I was told I would need to complete a post hire consent form and a post hire conviction questionnaire as part of the background check. This is just to check criminal activity right? I’ve never heard of them doing this so I was just curious!! Is this also a drug test? I wasn’t really told about any of this before hand so I was just wondering! Either way it’ll be fine but I was just curious! Thanks!

You will be seeing things like people's SS # and DOB so they need to do a background check to make sure you haven't been busted for identity theft or something similar.
Not sure about the drug test for HR.

You will be seeing things like people's SS # and DOB so they need to do a background check to make sure you haven't been busted for identity theft or something similar.
Not sure about the drug test for HR.
That makes sense! Thank you! And me either, I wouldn’t assume they do because I’m pretty sure it’s only AP or salary managers but I just wanted to see if someone knew!
Do they usually mention it beforehand at all?

Back