Post Modernization

So nothing changes but "titles"? Inbound seemed to always push and pull. Specialty did their thing and gm always did guest things (go-backs, phone calls, etc) Is it back to pushing the truck in a wave?

I saw the title and thought Spot was going to be painting all the stores like this.

img_117606_72add3a45559b64455794ca4119df881.jpg

No wave, please! I hated that process for my area (OTC and personal care). My store uses a modified version for some departments like Toys (especially during 4th quarter) and the middle. But not all TMs pay attention to fussy things like which Tylenol goes where and FIFO-ing protein bars.

Pushing with a wave? Does that mean they're gonna give everyone keys???

I just hope we don't go back to pushing everything on u-boats... pushing furniture with numerous uboats and sending all those uboats to receiving is not fun and most people wont bother putting them away...

Pushing with a wave? Does that mean they're gonna give everyone keys???

I just hope we don't go back to pushing everything on u-boats... pushing furniture with numerous uboats and sending all those uboats to receiving is not fun and most people wont bother putting them away...

Not that Wave, when we say pushing freight with a wave it means all TMs work the same area at one time before moving on to the next area. It is the old school process for working freight that was used before Modernization. The team moved as a 'wave' throughout the store to get freight worked.

Not that Wave, when we say pushing freight with a wave it means all TMs work the same area at one time before moving on to the next area. It is the old school process for working freight that was used before Modernization. The team moved as a 'wave' throughout the store to get freight worked.
Oh ok. I'm just used to my shift leaders saying "blitz"
They used to say, "I want you and x team members to blitz toys, then move to sporting goods, bulk plastics and you keep working your way up until the end of your posted shift".

^all that only happened when we used to have a backroom team, most of the 12am team members left shortly after truck unload and the 1 am team members pushed most of the truck and never touched the back stock. We just kept pushing until most of the push from the first and second floor sales floor was cleared.

Yes inbound does reshop
Not if your closing team does a good job the night before with collecting strays and doing the reshop. A few months ago, my store finally started doing a really great job with this and it makes inbound's job just a little easier. It's pretty rare now that there's a mountain of reshop behind the service desk. Also finding less reshop in my area most mornings. (Watch - now that I've said this, tomorrow I'll find a pile behind GS and multiple strays down every aisle.)
Editing to say that my prediction turned out to be true - so much reshop, so many strays!

Last edited:
I'd rotate cashiering shift for every team member, as the majority of any won't respond or go up without being pushed to the check lane, why is everyone so reluctant to help a shopper get through or done. it isn't just target either. like what is wrong with yall? I'm in my 30's, y'all in your 20's do so much complaining it's insane. Don't come at me, really explain to me....

I'd rotate cashiering shift for every team member, as the majority of any won't respond or go up without being pushed to the check lane, why is everyone so reluctant to help a shopper get through or done. it isn't just target either. like what is wrong with yall? I'm in my 30's, y'all in your 20's do so much complaining it's insane. Don't come at me, really explain to me....
Because you get stuck cashiering and get yelled at for not doing your own work, which there's already too much of.

Back