Archived Post your 4th of July displays here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
it looks very festive. The issue I have with these displays in the rotundas is they are not very guest friendly. I don't think most guests know they can grab this stuff. To them it looks like a display. Maybe if the the grill had a convertible next to it with full shelves of items to easily purchase? I think you have all the right things just needs to be a little easier to shop

My store is pretty old and has very limited rotunda space. Anything bigger than a shipper impedes guests.

I appreciate all the input into mine and will make some adjustments but I actually just wanted to see what other ideas people came up with through pics! This turned into a "rate my display" instead of ta true intent lol.

That's like half of your Father's Day display...pretty much cheating!

Kinda clusterfucky, but otherwise useful. I like that these have a lot of items that people might forget they need, like those grill torches. I'm always getting people asking where we have those.

Only problems I have with these kinds of things are that they're easy to mess up -- one guest can totally trash it and the fact that most items don't have prices.

I do wish that at my store we'd stop doing this. Nobody fucking buys anything from it and it further continues my annoyance that the VML position is a waste of time

looks good-- at my store we (due to layout) can't have any special displays in the front end, we can only mess with like one endcap... seasonal and home decor has all our displays.

Only problems I have with these kinds of things are that they're easy to mess up -- one guest can totally trash it and the fact that most items don't have prices.
You remined me about Ap showing me a video of two people getting a fight over our grill display and one tasering the other before Ap had them both kicked out. (well one was removed by EMTs) Sometimes I wonder about people and their lack of logic.

On fathers day we had a guest want to buy the Gazebo we have in mini seasonal. It's assembled and lit. They just assumed we would disassemble it for them right there. I came over and told them, no. Our facilities mgr did and he is off on weekends (he's not but thats not the point, he was off on father's day). You want it, buy it and I will flag it sold and you can come back tommorrow and he can do it then. They decided they they would think about it.

Last edited:
sorry just couldn't let that slide :)
what else would you expect out of a gazebo than being lit. It's when something fun is happening or something exciting is happening and you and your friends are turnt up, so high they float. Yes, our gazebo is like that. o_O

Oath2order, from a productivity standpoint, looks and proper management of visual stimuli result in quite a bit more sales if you do the research. It's why companies spend so much money on advertisements. That's basically what a vmtl is for, mini advertisement of products within a store through making items visually appealing to guests. Since you make the assertion that visual marketing is useless in a retail environment, I'd like the data to back that up please. Secondly, I've already had to fill the table of "America" items twice and when they were back in mini-seasonal no one purchased them. It's an impulse buy stand all in all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back