Archived Pour One Out To Fallen Comrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

commiecorvus

Former Signing Ninja
Staff member
The TL for Plano left yesterday and I'm going to miss her.
She the third TL and the best so far.
I knew she was going to leave for a while, even gave a her a hug when she told me she had found another job.
She had been working for Spot as a TM and TL for more than eight years.
That didn't seem to matter.
The problem was that she never really fit in, too bright, too geeky, wasn't the cheerleader, glee club type.
There was also the problem of cutting corners, she wouldn't do it and they wanted her too.
When you stick to your guns, protect your people, stay honest, work very hard and care about what you do ...

you go find another job.

it is always sad when the good ones leave,eight years experience is a lot to let walk away,but while it might not matter to the higher ups it does matter to the store,when will they ever learn....probably to late.

just be happy for her, it's probably the best thing for her!

ps what's up with those people in red magazine like IOWA 35 years John Doe Logistics TM. How sad is that, working at spot for so long as a tm. It's pretty common judging by the magazine too.

ps what's up with those people in red magazine like IOWA 35 years John Doe Logistics TM. How sad is that, working at spot for so long as a tm. It's pretty common judging by the magazine too.

If I work for a company for 35 years i am going to be damn near running the group by the time i get that far in.

Time slowly accelerates as you get older.

That and a LOT of liquor/anti-depressants.

That or they're just committed at that point. Assuming they started in their twenties, they've spent over half their life at that store. Might as well finish and retire.

yeah they're probably making a half decent wage after that long anyways.

I noticed that too! I wonder if that's how I'll end up? <sigh>

I actually met someone who retired from Target one day when I was cashiering; didn't know people lasted long enough here to retire.

I noticed that too! I wonder if that's how I'll end up? <sigh>

I actually met someone who retired from Target one day when I was cashiering; didn't know people lasted long enough here to retire.

We have an older man at my store who works in the cash office. He's retired from his old job, but he works at Target because he has nothing else to do and it helps pay the bills. I wonder if that's the reason why some stay at Target for so long - they can't afford to retire yet but their opportunities are limited (if existent at all) outside of Spot.

We have an older man at my store who works in the cash office. He's retired from his old job, but he works at Target because he has nothing else to do and it helps pay the bills. I wonder if that's the reason why some stay at Target for so long - they can't afford to retire yet but their opportunities are limited (if existent at all) outside of Spot.

stuff like that I can understand, it's a pretty nice set up.

I'm just afraid some of these 30+ years presentation, flow, or salesfloor team members have been doing interview prep for the last 20 years and are almost ready to be sent to the DTL!!!

stuff like that I can understand, it's a pretty nice set up.

I'm just afraid some of these 30+ years presentation, flow, or salesfloor team members have been doing interview prep for the last 20 years and are almost ready to be sent to the DTL!!!

I know, right? It amazes me that they're passed over for promotions with all their experience. I realize that, in some cases, they may decline, but you can't say that's the case for every single one.

I know, right? It amazes me that they're passed over for promotions with all their experience. I realize that, in some cases, they may decline, but you can't say that's the case for every single one.

some may decline, some may not be able to manage, some may have hit their expiration date and their employment was no longer good for themselves or the company...but you gotta think that almost anything would be better than this current crap of hiring brand new incompentant people and putting them right to the top of the organization. And then shuffling them up every 18 months.

I wish our Plano TL would leave. Total sarcastic witch to everyone. They're one of those people who claim you can't take a joke, yet you've never have an issue with anyone else. Actually there's quite a few "leaders" at Spot like this. Typical a-hole attitudes.

I wish our Plano TL would leave. Total sarcastic witch to everyone. They're one of those people who claim you can't take a joke, yet you've never have an issue with anyone else. Actually there's quite a few "leaders" at Spot like this. Typical a-hole attitudes.

We got this one ETL who we refer to as Anchorman, because he looks and sounds exactly like Ron Burgandy as played by will ferrell. He also kind of sounds like Lumburg from Office Space.

And he's always cracking these dry jokes in monotone....

HMMMMMMM Invictus Taylor, could you ummmmmmm, could you when you finish your um current task at hand, join us in rear seasonal. We are having quite the party back here yeahhhhhhhhh.

Ummm yeahhhhh that would be great. How now brown cow how now brown cow. Baxter bark twice if you're in milwaque!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back