Archived Power equipment Wave & Crown

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there a coaching or a final if I use the power equipment and I have never done training for it but I know how ?

have someone give you a proper training before handling power equipment, even if you already know how. It's a safety thing first and foremost. your STL or whoever will eventually have you take a test and certify you.

Only takes a few min to be certified ( if you know how to use the equipment). So if you are going to touch it at all you should be certified. If you are not certified and get hurt etc...Spot would be in hot water and so would you. Better to be safe than sorry .

Like I tell all the people I train, "Doesn't "Hurt" to be "Cert". Which simply means, just get certified. Since you already know how, training should be all but a few moments at least.

My store doesn't really seem to care too much about it. Instocks is, I believe, supposed to be certified for the WAVE, Stacker, and powered pallet jack and I use, at least, the WAVE daily but nobody will certify me even though I've brought it up multiple multiple times to multiple people.

I haven't done any sort of computer training to get "certified," but I was trained by the BRTL, given my own key, and have been using the equipment for years without issue. I assume HR did whatever they needed to do to make it right in the system (like most of my computer training).

My old store was strict on certifications but at my current one, I was shown how to use them in 5 mins by a BRTM once and then the ETL expected me to start backstocking in the steel. I still haven't touched a single machine back there. Safety is such a joke at this store.

I'd think it would be, but whomever gave you keys is also on the hit list... if you aren't certified you don't need keys...
But what does "certified" even mean? And how is it different from someone showing you how to use it?

My BRTL trained me back when we were setting up ship from store, and the ETL-Log gave me crown and baler keys a few weeks later.

But what does "certified" even mean? And how is it different from someone showing you how to use it?

My BRTL trained me back when we were setting up ship from store, and the ETL-Log gave me crown and baler keys a few weeks later.
Paperwork signed off by someone certified to be a trainer one the equipment.

Do they just ask you questions to make sure you know what to do? Or do you have to actually show them you're proficient? And do they certify you for all the Crown vehicles at once or for each separate one? Seems like a nice thing to add to a resume. You know, in case backroom TMs have to find greener pastures.

But that will never happen.

The people I see that are scared of the Wave. I love when I get to see them try to use the Crown.

I still refuse to even try to use the Crown in my Fixture room, I usually ask my ETL.

Someone left thier keys in the wave and had a kid from flow take off on it, even how slow that thing is nobody could stop him and he tried to go outside. Was termed for being unsafe and potentially causing harm. I now keep a close eye on whos got keys

Don't get certified. If you get hurt you can sue target for expecting you to your job properly without training

Our wave has a busted, he "fell" out if it from about four feet

Got a decent settlement

Someone left thier keys in the wave and had a kid from flow take off on it, even how slow that thing is nobody could stop him and he tried to go outside. Was termed for being unsafe and potentially causing harm. I now keep a close eye on whos got keys
Waves get so over used any flat piece of something stiff will turn them on and you don't even need to key in them once you turn it. So you can take the key out if you do it right and to leave it on. Something to unofficially do when somehow no one has keys.

Btw the Stacker can be used to force open trailer doors that get suck, pretty sure that's not reccomended but hell I've taken a hammer to load bars that have gotten stuck.

All things not to do and something no one ever follows with Stacker training is that you're not suppose to move the stack around with the forks up when ever possible. Could potentially wing someone.

It's a coaching not a final, well a final if someone got hurt. Just ask Flow or BR TL to sign you off on it, takes 5 mins. Worst case takes 15 mins because they want you to show them that you know what you're doing before getting the paperwork done.

Last edited:
i'm not so much concerned about people being uncertified when using the Wave, because it's relatively safe to use if you're using common sense. The power jack and crown stacker, however, are slightly different and could cause serious injury or an accident if not properly used. I would not trust anyone with a crown stacker if they weren't certified, especially if they were trying to take down a pallet of water.

Don't get certified. If you get hurt you can sue target for expecting you to your job properly without training

Our wave has a busted, he "fell" out if it from about four feet

Got a decent settlement

that sounds pretty shady to me. i've got no patience for people who try to take advantage of others to make a quick buck.

that sounds pretty shady to me. i've got no patience for people who try to take advantage of others to make a quick buck.
They took advantage of a store that makes millions a year while working near minimum wage

Now they get to sit at home with a over 100k settlement

I wonder who won

They took advantage of a store that makes millions a year while working near minimum wage

Now they get to sit at home with a over 100k settlement

I wonder who won

if that person intentionally injured themselves so that they could sue then it's called fraud. their hourly wage is irrelevant. most people that work retail make crappy wages and i'm willing to bet that most of them don't try and bilk a company out of money because they weren't certified to handle a Wave. It's one thing if the TM went to a TL or STL and told them they were uncertified, it's another to completely disregard Target's safety protocols and fake an injury for personal gain.

if that person intentionally injured themselves so that they could sue then it's called fraud. their hourly wage is irrelevant. most people that work retail make crappy wages and i'm willing to bet that most of them don't try and bilk a company out of money because they weren't certified to handle a Wave. It's one thing if the TM went to a TL or STL and told them they were uncertified, it's another to completely disregard Target's safety protocols and fake an injury for personal gain.
I agree but they came out on top. In the end, Target should of wave door bars. They have been "not locking" for months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back