Archived Presentation (POG) Questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not too sure if this is where it belongs, so feel free to let me know.

Recently, a POG position has become available at my store. I've spoken to a couple people on the team, and they say they like it. I know that part of it is setting End caps, and signing, but could anyone give me a list of most things I'll be doing, and if they're a challenge?

I'm not too sure if this is where it belongs, so feel free to let me know.

Recently, a POG position has become available at my store. I've spoken to a couple people on the team, and they say they like it. I know that part of it is setting End caps, and signing, but could anyone give me a list of most things I'll be doing, and if they're a challenge?

-setting a whole aisle/department which may include: removing merch, cleaning, putting up shelves/pegs/signing, pushing back merch you took down, pushing batches
-researching after you set
-pulling your batches
-Revisions (minor resets like changing a few strips or pegs)
-keeping fixture room clean

This is my favorite position so far. Takes a while to learn but you'll eventually get it. Good luck

Also keep in mind that the Presentation is basically done. As soon as your store goes full E2E you're going to get shoved somewhere else.

Don't forget Plano team has been doing end to end all along (setting, research, pulling and pushing)

While the Plano team as a unit may be done. The duties are alive and well. Some stores are just putting their Plano team in different departments so each department has an expert on the duties that are new to salesfloor team members.

Last edited:
Don't forget Plano team has been doing end to end all along (setting, research, pulling and pushing)

While the Plano team as a unit may be done. The duties are well and alive. Some stores are just putting their Plano team in different departments so each department has an expert on the duties that are new to salesfloor team members.

So far at my store the Plano people are getting less hours than everyone else, even though other departments have extra hours they can't even fill with their amount of TMs.

Logic!

It's good experience to get. Plano team leads and team members tend to be the most versatile. If you get the job, you will already be a team lead if it goes away.

The most challenging aspect is probably the organizational and planning aspect. You need to be able to plan the entire workload and then adjust when something goes faster, or something goes wrong. Most POG tls have a hard time with that. If your ETL needs to manage and plan the sets, you're probably doing it wrong.

I say go for it - It's a great position to get leadership experience.

Thank you guys so much!! All the feedback has really made me excited to try and get the position. It really sounds like something I'd enjoy doing.

I still don't think as much as people say, that POG and Plano is absolutely done, just wait for Halloween/Christmas/Bounce back, to roll around. With their new logistics system IMO the one and only team to keep and spread some sort of consistency across ALL STORES, in EVERY DEPARTMENT, is POG hands down. What is going to happen when the majority of stores (Most of which I do not believe have gotten this news) and then all Plano TMs quit and find better jobs elsewhere..

Who will train the new TM's in literally every single process this store has? The TL's? LOL

I'm a Plano lead and I'm not even sure what's gonna happen to my team. I've already for the last month been working in a different work center to give my team their hours otherwise they wouldn't have but 15-20 for the last month or so. I've heard so many different things I'm not sure what to believe

-setting a whole aisle/department which may include: removing merch, cleaning, putting up shelves/pegs/signing, pushing back merch you took down, pushing batches
-researching after you set
-pulling your batches
-Revisions (minor resets like changing a few strips or pegs)
-keeping fixture room clean

This is my favorite position so far. Takes a while to learn but you'll eventually get it. Good luck

- doing your backstock
- putting away the reshop
- locating missing product & shippers
- spreading out double exposed product
- updating shelf capacities as needed
- locating the correct shelves and fixtures and shelf liner and backer paper and other ISM
- trouble shooting when stuff corporate sends us is faulty or the POG/label strips are FUBAR
- handling displays & appropriate signing

I wish I worked with the POG teams at these other stores. The one at my store just sets the aisle. That's it. They wait for the 1 backroom team member to do all their pulls and they just push their backstock to the backroom. Research? I'm pretty sure people only do that at my store when asked by the STL.

To be fair the reason so many Plano folks stay with Target 15-20 years is it doesn't really translate out of retail.
That's true, but its universal enough to go to any store. And I sure as fuck made better money being a merchandiser as a vendor in hardware stores than I do at spot. Plus I got to be outside and work alone. .

To be fair the reason so many Plano folks stay with Target 15-20 years is it doesn't really translate out of retail.

I would say that being a Plano TM however, means you can learn more, quicker, than your average Team Member.

Not to mention going to another job and mentioning all your previous responsibilities (which I think a Plano TM, more than likely has more than any other single work center in the entire store at Team Member level) ...... would look, above average on most resumes.

I would say that being a Plano TM however, means you can learn more, quicker, than your average Team Member.

Not to mention going to another job and mentioning all your previous responsibilities (which I think a Plano TM, more than likely has more than any other single work center in the entire store at Team Member level) ...... would look, above average on most resumes.

This also goes for Perishables Assistants, GSA's, and Signing Team Members...

The way Target is going, these are awesome ways to pad your resume

For another company.

If they actually believe that, this many things were responsibilities for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back