Archived Price Accuracy Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,
I'm back again with some more questions. I've recently started training in Price Accuracy, and I'm doing okay...I think, but there are still some questions concerning routine that I'm afraid to ask my coworkers in fear of annoying them, so I'll just ask here! :)

Okay, so I think I've got the routine down, but as always, ASANTS, so bearing that in mind:

1. Printing and putting new price adjustment labels for products based on the competitors' prices.
2. Finding and salvaging out seasonal salvage.
3. Finishing markdowns (clearance) from the prior day.
4. Today's markdowns.
5. Backroom markdowns.
6. Box up salvage
And hit the road, Jack

Okay, so those are the basic steps I follow, but the confusion lies in step one, step three/four, and step five.

So for step one, I get finding the label and replacing it, but it was explained to me that there are some clearance end caps in that section that you'll have to markdown, but only if it's part of your markdowns from that day. Ex. If you're marking down cosmetics that day, and there's a clearance endcap with some cosmetics on it, you'll only want to mark down those items, and not chemicals. My thing is is that it was done by another team member that day, so I didn't quite understand what was meant. They said something along the lines of, "Bob got it today, but you'll want to go into a division and do endcaps in the section, but only for what you're marking down today." Which kinda? made sense because I know a division is just a location (R.T.W.) where you can scan all the items to see if they were marked down anymore, but I didn't do that the following day, and no one else did either, so was I supposed to do that? I feel like my coworker would've told me to do it knowing that I'm new, but also, idk.

So part three/four comes in when you're scanning items to see if they're clearance, and sometimes they are, but they don't print out a ticket/the PDA doesn't double beep, so you have to do [t]icket, and the quantity. I was told you have to do it, but it counts against us? I don't get it. Should I or shouldn't I? What does that mean and how does it affect us? What's the consequence if the team has too many "t" tickets? Also, if you're doing men's for example, and scan something in athletic (which is a different day for markdown) and it prints a clearance ticket, does that mean on the day for athletic markdowns, every item under that DPCI will be a "t" ticket?

And lastly, where do the flats of items boxed up to mark down come from? I was told it's from the backroom that pulls it, we ticket it, and then repackage it? I'm
still confused what this process is, why we do it, and where it all comes from and goes to.

Those are my questions. Sorry if this bored you to death. Thank you in advance for all the help. I really do appreciate it!!

Clearance items need to activated & then labeled. Backroom pulls the mark down batches from the backroom.

I don't know a ton since I'm still training and it's been intermittent, but I do know that those t tickets count against PA because it means those items were missed on the first markdown. We try not to ticket them, especially if there is a lot (not typical), and just wait for the next markdown.

If you mark an item that is meant for another day and it dings and you price it, it will still ding on the day it's due, which is probably the next day...I think. But it doesn't mess anything up if you ticket it on the wrong day. At least that's what I've found. It seems like stuff stays active for a little bit of time around when it's due.

The backroom pulls correspond with that days workload. So if your item isn't on the shelf but you should have 12 you might have them in the pull. You can check that list, too, which helps.

If we have time (what's that??) we push out backroom clearance but it's usually handled by salefloor tls.

Gotta go to work!! Yay. Shoes in the hundreds today. :(

Hey guys,
I'm back again with some more questions. I've recently started training in Price Accuracy, and I'm doing okay...I think, but there are still some questions concerning routine that I'm afraid to ask my coworkers in fear of annoying them, so I'll just ask here! :)

Okay, so I think I've got the routine down, but as always, ASANTS, so bearing that in mind:

1. Printing and putting new price adjustment labels for products based on the competitors' prices.
2. Finding and salvaging out seasonal salvage.
3. Finishing markdowns (clearance) from the prior day.
4. Today's markdowns.
5. Backroom markdowns.
6. Box up salvage
And hit the road, Jack

Okay, so those are the basic steps I follow, but the confusion lies in step one, step three/four, and step five.

So for step one, I get finding the label and replacing it, but it was explained to me that there are some clearance end caps in that section that you'll have to markdown, but only if it's part of your markdowns from that day. Ex. If you're marking down cosmetics that day, and there's a clearance endcap with some cosmetics on it, you'll only want to mark down those items, and not chemicals. My thing is is that it was done by another team member that day, so I didn't quite understand what was meant. They said something along the lines of, "Bob got it today, but you'll want to go into a division and do endcaps in the section, but only for what you're marking down today." Which kinda? made sense because I know a division is just a location (R.T.W.) where you can scan all the items to see if they were marked down anymore, but I didn't do that the following day, and no one else did either, so was I supposed to do that? I feel like my coworker would've told me to do it knowing that I'm new, but also, idk.

So part three/four comes in when you're scanning items to see if they're clearance, and sometimes they are, but they don't print out a ticket/the PDA doesn't double beep, so you have to do [t]icket, and the quantity. I was told you have to do it, but it counts against us? I don't get it. Should I or shouldn't I? What does that mean and how does it affect us? What's the consequence if the team has too many "t" tickets? Also, if you're doing men's for example, and scan something in athletic (which is a different day for markdown) and it prints a clearance ticket, does that mean on the day for athletic markdowns, every item under that DPCI will be a "t" ticket?

And lastly, where do the flats of items boxed up to mark down come from? I was told it's from the backroom that pulls it, we ticket it, and then repackage it? I'm
still confused what this process is, why we do it, and where it all comes from and goes to.

Those are my questions. Sorry if this bored you to death. Thank you in advance for all the help. I really do appreciate it!!

To your first question:
If the Stationery division is in the workload, you would go to the clearance endcaps that have stationery items on them and scan the stationery items. Same for all of the other divisions.

It won't be long before you figure out which clearance endcaps need to be scanned on which day. It's important to always scan the endcaps on their day because the workload on the myDevice/PDA won't tell you if items are going Salvage that day.

Say you have 5 endcaps bursting with OTC items but you don't see OTC in the workload. It is still possible that any or all of those items could be going salvage that day so you need to check to find out.

To your second/third question:
T-tickets do hurt the score because it shows that you missed the item last time (i.e. you didn't do a thorough job the last time).
That being said, unless you have a massive amount of t-tickets it won't tank the score that badly. And if you have that many odds are the score wasn't going to be that great in the first place, so just go ahead and ticket them.

If you accidentally ticket something a day early, and a day is as far ahead as it will let it go, it's no big deal. Just make sure any of the items you ticketed don't get ticketed again the next day and mess up your OH count.

The BIG exception to this is ticketing Monday's workload on Friday/Saturday.

Ex:
I ticket an athletic shirt on Wednesday when it should have been ticketed Thursday. Doesn't matter because it was ticketed in the correct week and on time so you get credit for it.

BUT if I ticket a girl's dress on Friday when it should have been ticketed on the following Monday, I ticketed it in a different week than it should have been and I get NO credit for it.

To your fourth question:
The backroom pricing batches are items that were back stocked in the backroom that are going clearance today. A backroom TM will normally pull the batches for you so that you can ticket them and then push them out to the floor.

Pricing seems confusing to start with but it will all be second nature in no time :)

To your first question:
If the Stationery division is in the workload, you would go to the clearance endcaps that have stationery items on them and scan the stationery items. Same for all of the other divisions.

It won't be long before you figure out which clearance endcaps need to be scanned on which day. It's important to always scan the endcaps on their day because the workload on the myDevice/PDA won't tell you if items are going Salvage that day.

Say you have 5 endcaps bursting with OTC items but you don't see OTC in the workload. It is still possible that any or all of those items could be going salvage that day so you need to check to find out.

To your second/third question:
T-tickets do hurt the score because it shows that you missed the item last time (i.e. you didn't do a thorough job the last time).
That being said, unless you have a massive amount of t-tickets it won't tank the score that badly. And if you have that many odds are the score wasn't going to be that great in the first place, so just go ahead and ticket them.

If you accidentally ticket something a day early, and a day is as far ahead as it will let it go, it's no big deal. Just make sure any of the items you ticketed don't get ticketed again the next day and mess up your OH count.

The BIG exception to this is ticketing Monday's workload on Friday/Saturday.

Ex:
I ticket an athletic shirt on Wednesday when it should have been ticketed Thursday. Doesn't matter because it was ticketed in the correct week and on time so you get credit for it.

BUT if I ticket a girl's dress on Friday when it should have been ticketed on the following Monday, I ticketed it in a different week than it should have been and I get NO credit for it.

To your fourth question:
The backroom pricing batches are items that were back stocked in the backroom that are going clearance today. A backroom TM will normally pull the batches for you so that you can ticket them and then push them out to the floor.

Pricing seems confusing to start with but it will all be second nature in no time :)
I'm curious as to what happens if you start Monday's workload on Friday? The pricing team at my store does this quite frequently.

I'm curious as to what happens if you start Monday's workload on Friday? The pricing team at my store does this quite frequently.
AHahah, never mind I see it when I reread back through. Guess I was reading too fast for my own good the first time.

AHahah, never mind I see it when I reread back through. Guess I was reading too fast for my own good the first time.

You can do the price change labels early because they aren't part of the calculated score. It's the actual ticketing of items that screws you up.

We got a 0% in Kids' Apparel one time because of a bored, overzealous ETL on a Friday night. Poor thing meant well.

You can do the price change labels early because they aren't part of the calculated score. It's the actual ticketing of items that screws you up.

We got a 0% in Kids' Apparel one time because of a bored, overzealous ETL on a Friday night. Poor thing meant well.
They do actual ticketing. I wonder if they know this or just don't care. They are doing themselves a disservice when they actually think they are doing good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back