Archived price adjustment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry if this has been answered before but how do price adjustments work? how long do you have to get it adjusted?

i bought a swim suit bottom and top on monday june 6th at full price but now the swim suits are buy one get one 50% off. could i get that adjusted to get some money back?

For price adjusting, I believe it can only be done for sale prices and not actual promotions such as BOGO or giftcards.
If anything, you can just return the item and repurchase it then and there to get the difference.

At my store, if you bring in the receipt you bought it with, we'll just key in the new sale price for you! Now the $5 GC offers are where things get hairy. We would need to return the items and then re-sell.

My point is basically ASANTS. Regardless though, any Guest Service should try to do something since its within the two weeks.

2 weeks for price adjustments. 3 days for missed coupons I think. Still, you can simply return and repurchase if there are any issues.

At my store, if you bring in the receipt you bought it with, we'll just key in the new sale price for you! Now the $5 GC offers are where things get hairy. We would need to return the items and then re-sell.

My point is basically ASANTS. Regardless though, any Guest Service should try to do something since its within the two weeks.
This is also what the stores around me do.

How do you guys handle it if the guest thinks they should get a gift card for making a purchase. We've been having the cashier scan a gift card, add $5 to it and then do a $5 target coupon. Yesterday the ETL/GE said to just reduce the price of one item by $5. How do you do it?
Oh, I should add we have to do the gift card then we can have a TM check if it was legit later.

Guest think they are smart doesn't mean they are right. If they think they deserve a gift card it needs to be verified that the item is apart of the sale

How do you guys handle it if the guest thinks they should get a gift card for making a purchase. We've been having the cashier scan a gift card, add $5 to it and then do a $5 target coupon. Yesterday the ETL/GE said to just reduce the price of one item by $5. How do you do it?
Oh, I should add we have to do the gift card then we can have a TM check if it was legit later.

Depends. Usually, I don't bother with the gift card, and just take $5 off as a coupon. I don't change the price of the item.

Target Stores
We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at Target, then find the identical item for less at Target.com, select online competitors, or in Target’s or a competitor’s local printed or digital ad. Price matches may be requested at the time of purchase at any check lane or Guest Services. Price adjustments may be requested within 14 days of purchase by visiting any check lane or Guest Services.

Target.com
We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item on Target.com, then find the identical item for less at Target, select online competitors, or in Target’s or a competitor’s local printed or digital ad. Stores are unable to match or adjust the price for a Target.com order. Please call Target.com Guest Services at 1-800-591-3869 for a price adjustment within 14 days of purchase.

For a full list of online competitors click here or visit Guest Services. Some exclusions apply. For more information see our Price Match Guarantee page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back