Archived Price Adjustments with Target App

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewCashierLT

Working for Target today and tomorrow
This might be an easy question to answer, but I have some concerns about price adjustments when a guest has the Target app and they scanned the item's barcode and it showed up as a lower price compared to the sign or the price that is showing on the register.

If it's a reasonable change, I usually adjust it for the guest, but should I use the K1 (Guest Price Challenge) option when adjusting the price, or should I use the K6 (Competitor Price Match) and select Target.com as the competitor? The reason I ask is that I am not sure if the Target app is separate from Target.com, when it comes to the prices of items. I use the K1 Guest Price Challenge in these cases most of the time, but I wanted to make sure that this is the correct procedure to be following when dealing with these price adjustments.

I would use competitor price match because they aren't challenging a price due to signing.

Price match to Target.com, but also make sure that they have your store set as their location in the app and that they're not running the old Cartwheel app or anything. Just to be safe I usually just pull my phone out of my pocket and check it myself but yeah

Again, price matches even to Target.com need to be done on a zebra at GS or if your store allows, by a GSTM/A/TL on a zebra right at the lane. The point is that you can’t trust a guest’s phone...you have to verify via the price match app.

And it’s not a guest price challenge, it’s a competitor price match to Target.com.

This might be an easy question to answer, but I have some concerns about price adjustments when a guest has the Target app and they scanned the item's barcode and it showed up as a lower price compared to the sign or the price that is showing on the register.

If it's a reasonable change, I usually adjust it for the guest, but should I use the K1 (Guest Price Challenge) option when adjusting the price, or should I use the K6 (Competitor Price Match) and select Target.com as the competitor? The reason I ask is that I am not sure if the Target app is separate from Target.com, when it comes to the prices of items. I use the K1 Guest Price Challenge in these cases most of the time, but I wanted to make sure that this is the correct procedure to be following when dealing with these price adjustments.
it's k2 guest price challenge :)

in all seriousness... if it says "price at XYZSTORE" then do guest price challenge, as it means clearance should have been activated for that item but it wasn't. if it doesn't say that, k6 k1 competitor ad match target.com

Again, price matches even to Target.com need to be done on a zebra at GS or if your store allows, by a GSTM/A/TL on a zebra right at the lane. The point is that you can’t trust a guest’s phone...you have to verify via the price match app.

ASANTS. We empower our cashiers to complete price matches on their own. We don't want to make our guests wait unnecessarily in multiple lines. Price matching is supposed to be done at the lanes per best practice (it's why ring only access in POS can do them)

So you are going to let a cashier price match to Best Buy just using a guest's phone as proof? Really????

So you are going to let a cashier price match to Best Buy just using a guest's phone as proof? Really????

Yes. Our GE has said he does not want guests waiting in multiple lines if it can be taken care of at the lanes. We do train our team to call over the GSA if they're unsure about anything, or use their own phone, but for the most part it hasn't been a problem.

My store is like this too. We train our cashier's not to be idiots. Make sure it's a real page and not a screenshot.

On a busy Saturday sending someone up to service desk to do a price match isn't always efficient.

For the love of god please use don't price challenge something like that. That's a competitor ad match to Target.com. Price challenge should solely be used if an item is advertised as something different in-store. God, the amount of PCVs I had to clear because of cashiers doing this skyrocketed during Q4 right in the middle of everyone having their holiday sales. Complete nightmare.

For the love of god please use don't price challenge something like that. That's a competitor ad match to Target.com. Price challenge should solely be used if an item is advertised as something different in-store. God, the amount of PCVs I had to clear because of cashiers doing this skyrocketed during Q4 right in the middle of everyone having their holiday sales. Complete nightmare.

Thanks. I will definitely keep that in mind and I won't use Guest Price Challenge for price-matching.

If it helps to know the process behind it: When you hit guest price challenge, you're telling your leadership that there's something wrong on the floor that needs to be fixed. They then have to go to that location to find out what it is. Or you're telling your leadership that the signing/pricing team didn't do their jobs correctly. In reality the Target app and Target.com are run separately from the retail stores. They've tried to bridge the gap to show in-store prices but it's not always correct. Regardless we will honor the prices with no problem as a competitor ad match so don't waste your LOD's time and potentially risk the performance of other TMs by using guest price challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back