Archived Price change and E2E not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store is experiencing a crazy amount of salvage. Pretty much price change was NOT done for November and December. So none of the clearance prices were activated and it went from full price to salvage. Last week when infants reset 3 pallets were made for that particular area in one day.

Is anyone else experiencing this? My store was one of the pilot stores for end to end and I don't see it working 100%. I really feel that price change needs to be a team always in place. When I would do the end cap audit for the ad I constantly run into labels with the wrong price point.

Management is aware of this. It was their direction for the team not to do so and focus on zoning. Also, we've let go three people in the last 2 months because they were either marking items "As Is" when they weren't or putting clearance labels on items that weren't. These tms would not be trained to do price change before e2e. What are ya'lls thoughts? Have you been seeing this at your store.

My store is experiencing a crazy amount of salvage. Pretty much price change was NOT done for November and December.

Yikes. That is actually a pretty easy time for Pricing.

Was your softlines a mess? and your BR full? What about the BR batches?

That must have been a real shitshow.

What about doing revisions? What happened to the "old" product if no one was doing Pricing?

I agree! I don't know what they are thinking! We are loosing thousands of dollors. As for what happens to the old product it is being activated or backstocked if not caught. Yesterday a tm was doing a revision for stationary and was heading to the back to back stock. The old pricing tl notices what she was about to do and checks what she has in her tub. She activates it on the pda and a whole tub of stationary became salvage.

Last edited:
I thought the team still exists? It was in the paper HRZone provided. At least for market e2e, price change (labels, clearance etc) is still being done by price change. Says so on paper.

I don’t know why clearance labels were changed to yellow. They are harder to identify that they are clearance in my opinion

Shelf labels are going to be all white, and all clearance signing should have turned yellow a couple of months ago as well

I thought the team still exists? It was in the paper HRZone provided. At least for market e2e, price change (labels, clearance etc) is still being done by price change. Says so on paper.

Only for market, beauty and electronics. Apparel is supposed to do their own price change in e2e.

Our apparel team usually starts it but the regular price change team comes and helps them catch up.

I dont think end to end is a complete failure, I think it goes fairly well in market at my store.

But apparel is an opportunity, you can't just dress cute and expect task to get done

Last edited:
I think market price change workload is supposed to be done by market. At least, that's what was called for in the rollout guide. We don't do it. There's no way.

I don’t know why clearance labels were changed to yellow. They are harder to identify that they are clearance in my opinion

It's because the color of labels on shelving are going to be changing to white, I think.

From what I understand, they've been wanting to get rid of the red clearance stickers for a while. Same reason that some Targets are kind of edging back from embracing red too much... like in remodel stores, you'll see a lot of grey painted walls, etc, rather than red.

It's because red is too angry of a color.

It's because the color of labels on shelving are going to be changing to white, I think.

From what I understand, they've been wanting to get rid of the red clearance stickers for a while. Same reason that some Targets are kind of edging back from embracing red too much... like in remodel stores, you'll see a lot of grey painted walls, etc, rather than red.

that grey though.... it's just sad.

I remember in high school (i think it was a psychology course) doing color tests and red tends to inspire anxiety, stress, and other negative emotions. Theoretically its part of the reason people tend to buy things they dont need in target. Its a bandaid for negative feelings. It was an interesting course I forgot most of it though lol

Price change and Presentation are the two teams I think 100% should never leave, I think it would be the one thing that actually makes E2E work.

Last edited:
I remember in high school (i think it was a psychology course) doing color tests and red tends to inspire anxiety, stress, and other negative emotions. Theoretically its part of the reason people tend to buy things they dont need in target. Its a bandaid for negative feelings. It was an interesting course I forgot most of it though lol
I'd like to know what Grey Inspires.

I don't have the time or energy to go into detail about softlines at my store. We are end to end "on paper only". I say that because we don't have enough tms to own their department. They are constantly putting out fires here and there. I am not end to end but I do shoes. After being away from shoes, then going back, I pulled case packs that came out clearance. Months after they should have been set. One reason why I am back. Pricing is late by at least a week. Truck push sits for days. Rarely have z racks for unload. I feel part of the problem, a big part, honestly, is the softlines tl. Sad very sad. She never has a good plan, can't delegate, and doesn't hold her people accountable. She is new to role, 2 yrs, and took the promotion strictly for the money. She readily admits it. BUT we are killing it on visits. Go in the parking lot boys and girls. It's parked in the extra trailer.

I remember in high school (i think it was a psychology course) doing color tests and red tends to inspire anxiety, stress, and other negative emotions.

This is true, and holds for things like web design, too, which is why a lot of websites are blue or green (they're more calming). Red stands out, which has its uses, but Target does kind of overdo it.

that grey though.... it's just sad.

It is very institutional..

And having that much salvage around your scores must be bleeding red ink.. They knew they were holding that much and did nothing.. I have gone to stores and helped clean up those kind of messes and it sucks.. It was fun to walk in and start a LOCU at one end of the stock room and restow the entire stockroom just to get the clearance and salvage out. NOT!

I can see why they're going grey, though. Target has been red for so long they can't easily switch to another actual color, and gray is at least slightly better than white, so...

She is new to role, 2 yrs, and took the promotion strictly for the money. She readily admits it. BUT we are killing it on visits.

You must have weak district leadership. One thing I love about my HR director is when she visits she knows how to look deeper than the surface.

She knew we were understaffed in softlines just by looking at our hiring needs posted in TMSC despite all the fluff they tried to sell her during the store walk

You must have weak district leadership. One thing I love about my HR director is when she visits she knows how to look deeper than the surface.

She knew we were understaffed in softlines just by looking at our hiring needs posted in TMSC despite all the fluff they tried to sell her during the store walk

Wouldn't you want leadership to know you were understaffed, though? I get that stores want to clean up for visits and not throw people under the bus, but pretending everything is sunshine & rainbows on visits when they very much are not seems the most efficient way to ensure things continue to suck and won't get any better because district leadership doesn't see for themselves that things aren't working as is.

Wouldn't you want leadership to know you were understaffed, though? I get that stores want to clean up for visits and not throw people under the bus, but pretending everything is sunshine & rainbows on visits when they very much are not seems the most efficient way to ensure things continue to suck and won't get any better because district leadership doesn't see for themselves that things aren't working as is.

Unfortunately visits are your best chance to promote so they never want to give off the impression anything is wrong.

If you tell them you are understaffed the next question is why are you understaffed and what are you doing to retain and recruit talent?

Lol these bps and dtls know how to always turn it back on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back