Archived Printing shelf labels/aisle labels on mywork 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven't been able to figure out how to get the hip printers to print shelf labels since the new upgrade to mywork 2.0. Can anyone share the necessary settings needed to get it to work?

1st step is to be connected to a printer! Once connected you should be able to select shelf label as an option under labels and signs.

Sorry didn't realize you were looking for backroom labels. Its under something like backroom labels or backroom location creation. Wish i had a device to tell you steo by step. You can print to hip printer or signing printer.

Entirely done on the zebra. 1. Scan item. 2. Signs & Labels on half pull out screen. 3. Choose printer - yellow bar on top of zebra screen(one choice sends to our tsc printer, other choice sends to our fixture room printer ) 4. Load labels in printer tray. 5. Choose batch under batches to print list on zebra under signs & labels. . 6. If needed, there is an already printed list to reprint

Entirely done on the zebra. 1. Scan item. 2. Signs & Labels on half pull out screen. 3. Choose printer - yellow bar on top of zebra screen(one choice sends to our tsc printer, other choice sends to our fixture room printer ) 4. Load labels in printer tray. 5. Choose batch under batches to print list on zebra under signs & labels. . 6. If needed, there is an already printed list to reprint
This does not work when you are trying to print the little aisle markers like "C1" "G40" etc. It prompts you to connect to a hip printer only, but the hip printers haven't been functioning for shelf labels. Is it because it needs to be in zpl*? How do I get it to switch to zpl*?

This does not work when you are trying to print the little aisle markers like "C1" "G40" etc. It prompts you to connect to a hip printer only, but the hip printers haven't been functioning for shelf labels. Is it because it needs to be in zpl*? How do I get it to switch to zpl*?
Menu button left side, then settings & select ZPL*. Printer will restart.

How do I print OPU hold locations on MW 2?
I could be wrong on specifics, but it should be in the "backroom location management" option in the MyWork 2.0 menu. From there, it will ask you to choose what type of location you need to manage (pick Hold) and what to do (I think the options include Create and Reprint). You'll also need to connect to a hip printer.

They were supposed to be, but who even knows.
That is corrrect, ZPL* for myWork2.0 and the separate PriceChange application.
If you're still running into issues after switching the role, go to the media menu, make sure it's on 'bar' and calibrate labels

Is this 'bar' thing something that would affect how many stickers spit out? Because that seems to be our biggest issue, we ask for 1 sticker and a dozen will print. Which really sucks when we are so short on clearance stickers. Can't afford to waste those!

Is this 'bar' thing something that would affect how many stickers spit out? Because that seems to be our biggest issue, we ask for 1 sticker and a dozen will print. Which really sucks when we are so short on clearance stickers. Can't afford to waste those!
I think so— there’s a black bar on every sticker back. I always assumed that’s how the printer knew when to stop

Definitely possible, I do not know (Unfortunately, I've never done Price Change, just pulled it..) The printers should be on 'bar' already as that was/is the default for when they were previously on ezPrint. There is a known defect that is being worked on, but changes cannot happen until Q1 without very, very high level approval right now.
If worse comes to worse, try the 'calibrate' option. If you get a free 5 minutes, you could also try the 'quick setup' on the S&L PC to re-setup the printer as I've found that quite a few are running outdated firmware that isn't being updated wirelessly for some reason.

Thanks for the tips! I've somehow become the go-to for trouble shooting our issues so anything I can add to my bag of tricks is welcome.

ezPrint is the oneil printer language.
Zpl is zebra print language
PDF is some other language.
Basically it's just a different language for constructing a print job.
I don't know what the stars add
... why not just write all the new apps in ezprint language then or convert everything to ZPL...? I know easier said than done but it would make TM's lives so much easier

I think PDF is just for printing PDF files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back