Archived Produce TL in Super Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just sat down with my STL and was given the opportunity to move from Hardlines TL to Produce TL. I have been in hardlines as a TL for just over 2 years now.

I know produce is a completely different ball game. I searched threads and couldn't find much about Produce TL stuff. Does anyone have any tips or general advice for me on this transition?

It's not that hard. I talked to a produce TL and they said some of it is talking with vendors, orders, setting up sales plans, and working with the PA. Pretty typical TL work.

Depending on the scope of your area it can be a very challenging role. You have to deal with vendors (scorecards, fighting for space, delivering expired product/not culling, not delivering on time which means reaching out to their district offices, etc), following up with flow (to ensure they're culling/checking for dented cans), being Steritech ready (dented cans, buildup on vents/cooler doors, a million other things), FDC trucks that never arrive on time and all the hassles that brings, remaining Up And Ready throughout the day..

...all on top of being one of Target's signature categories and implementing whatever changes Brian Cornell has in store as he expands Target's grocery footprint (as he's stated he's going to do.)

That being said, it's a tough beast but it can definitely be tamed. Trust your PAs; both for training you and running the day to day, they'll be your greatest assets. Leverage your flow/LOG TLs and ETLs to address problems with dented cans/culling/etc. Develop good vendor relations but don't let them walk all over you. Meet with your PMT to discuss who owns what with respect to maintaining the cleanliness/brand of the coolers/freezers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back