Productivity (numbers)

When a QC has to unscan multiple + labels from a store that aren’t going to fit on that trailer that where all built by the same sorting TM’s Z #. Why doesn't the specific Z # associated with building those containers lose those numbers?

Example: Spot built 70 labels of Chico to one store that a QC then had to go and unscan and rebuild back into the new trailer but now those labels are built with the QC’s Z # instead of Spot’s. Spot still doesn’t lose any of those numbers… Even after 15 mins.

*Looking at the picture from a quality perspective since that’s the roll that was chosen for me rather than a high productivity perspective*
Lol, that’ll go over most heads 🥱

Last edited:
Why should they lose the numbers? It’s not their fault it wouldn’t fit on the trailer…
From a quality perspective, anyone could easily figure out the person who initially built the container, the person who unloaded it, and the person who rebuilt it.

If you audit trail it through WMS instead of DPM, you'll see the whole load/unload process and if someone is gaming the system.

TSS use to send out an SUL report to the OB OM which showed who unloaded freight from a trailer and never loaded it onto the next one.

Also losing the z# would be awful because if someone is scanning freight without loading it you would never find out after unloading it.

If you audit trail it through WMS instead of DPM, you'll see the whole load/unload process and if someone is gaming the system.

TSS use to send out an SUL report to the OB OM which showed who unloaded freight from a trailer and never loaded it onto the next one.

Also losing the z# would be awful because if someone is scanning freight without loading it you would never find out after unloading it.
I wish we could see trailer feedback

I wish my OM would show me trailer feedback *

Have you asked?
No. I haven’t been assigned a lane set in ages. I wish they would though. If the OM’s did share that information it probably would increase our departments quality as a whole… TM’s can’t learn what they don’t know.

As a person who has sent a ton of trailer feedback to your dc i can only assume they do not take it seriously

As a person who has sent a ton of trailer feedback to your dc i can only assume they do not take it seriously
Make sure and give feedback on those trailers you receive today that were closed with my Z #. I’ll have one of my OM’s show me the words of encouragement

P.s. What were your thoughts on last year’s Christmas video?

Can the OM’s see what freight doesn’t get unscanned from a door but doesn’t make it on the trailer? Like the 12 things of pipo the last TM who closed that door didn’t bother to unscan and I am now squeezing it onto my trailer I’m about to close

Make sure and give feedback on those trailers you receive today that were closed with my Z #. I’ll have one of my OM’s show me the words of encouragement

P.s. What were your thoughts on last year’s Christmas video?
Im off this weekend but ill be sure to keep an eye out. We very consistantly get items that are not for the specific trailer we unload. I will say it has been better since the end of december. Lately our problem has not been that we are recieving items, its saying it was recieved that day, but our on hands are not changing. Dont think you guys have much control over that but it just always seem to be some type of issue for us lol. Im fine with the christmas video but im not going to lie, it was a bit depressing getting absolutely buried in freight. We still have an insane amount of toys and sporting goods. Its not your fault but still it sucked.

Im off this weekend but ill be sure to keep an eye out. We very consistantly get items that are not for the specific trailer we unload. I will say it has been better since the end of december. Lately our problem has not been that we are recieving items, its saying it was recieved that day, but our on hands are not changing. Dont think you guys have much control over that but it just always seem to be some type of issue for us lol. Im fine with the christmas video but im not going to lie, it was a bit depressing getting absolutely buried in freight. We still have an insane amount of toys and sporting goods. Its not your fault but still it sucked.
Not again…. Sorry about the free freight we keep sending your store! I’ll have to get with our trainers

I know there building another dc in mass so im assuming my store will be going there when thats done
Their plans for that site are for a 650k sq.ft. DC with 500 employees, which would more likely be an online fulfillment center or a food DC.
RDCs are at least 3x both of those figures.

Their plans for that site are for a 650k sq.ft. DC with 500 employees, which would more likely be an online fulfillment center or a food DC.
FC DC’s seem like they are going up everywhere lol. E commerce will soon take it all. Targets calling it modernizing. But I hate FC freight tbh. A lot of TM’s mix and up doors/stores

Last edited:
Yeah i see that now the original plan was much larger but i guess that was years ago

Right. You need the z# to stay attached to the scan action so there is a complete audit trail so we can call players out on their prod games.

Can the OM’s see what freight doesn’t get unscanned from a door but doesn’t make it on the trailer? Like the 12 things of pipo the last TM who closed that door didn’t bother to unscan and I am now squeezing it onto my trailer I’m about to close
Not until the store gets it and they notice off the BOL the items they didn't get and send feedback to the DC

When a QC has to unscan multiple + labels from a store that aren’t going to fit on that trailer that where all built by the same sorting TM’s Z #. Why doesn't the specific Z # associated with building those containers lose those numbers?

Example: Spot built 70 labels of Chico to one store that a QC then had to go and unscan and rebuild back into the new trailer but now those labels are built with the QC’s Z # instead of Spot’s. Spot still doesn’t lose any of those numbers… Even after 15 mins.

*Looking at the picture from a quality perspective since that’s the roll that was chosen for me rather than a high productivity perspective*
Lol, that’ll go over most heads 🥱
They don't "lose" the numbers because the system recognizes it being sorted already and when a closer SULs (unloads/scans out) items from the trailer it's a different cost process. You can't take away what's already been done but you track the extra processes that cost money to track how much money is being put into that one carton. They still sorted it so they still get the credit for doing it. If you want to look at it in a quality stand point "the more people who touch it the higher the risk of a defect." So the more that item gets touched the higher the chance it may or may not end up back in that trailer

They don't "lose" the numbers because the system recognizes it being sorted already and when a closer SULs (unloads/scans out) items from the trailer it's a different cost process. You can't take away what's already been done but you track the extra processes that cost money to track how much money is being put into that one carton. They still sorted it so they still get the credit for doing it. If you want to look at it in a quality stand point "the more people who touch it the higher the risk of a defect." So the more that item gets touched the higher the chance it may or may not end up back in that trailer
Thats why I put my carton(s) in the trailer. So I know they get diverted & built at the same time. Then I come back around and close it. That’s why I slide those 70 inch TVs into trailers when the tier racks are full. Ect…ect. How many jump-code cards does your DC have and when were they last updated? I unload so much noncon that my production is that of a full sorter only running 30% on 10 or 12 hrs

Last edited:
Thats why I put my carton(s) in the trailer. So I know they get diverted & built at the same time. Then I come back around and close it. That’s why I slide those 70 inch TVs into trailers when the tier racks are full. Ect…ect. How many jump-code cards does your DC have and when were they last updated? I unload so much noncon that my production is that of a full sorter only running 30% on 10 or 12 hrs
Honestly we don't give out the badge buddies anymore with the jump codes. We don't use tier racks here for the bigger items that get walked to the door so sliding the bigger items in the doors does kind of help but sometimes people would try and build it into the wall and just mess things up. I remember a day I was closing by myself and I had about 40 closes that day and if my unloads counted as a actual sort I would've been at 110%. I was heated. We run 4 closers now but I am doing my best to get the closers away from loading the non con at the end and getting on the TMs in lanes on getting their non con. We do these non con audits to make sure people are following process but I also use it for how long non con sits out. If I check a carton and it's been out for almost 12 hours I get on the team member in that door to get it in.

Back