1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

Professionalism & Tattoos

Discussion in 'Off The Clock Chatter' started by BrohemianRapcity, Dec 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. commiecorvus

commiecorvus Former Signing Ninja Moderator

This thread of teachers tats is pretty cool.
    My favorite is the Darwin King Kong but the other ones are good as well.

6 Terrific Tattoos On Teachers

[​IMG]

redeye58 and Hardlinesmaster like this.
  2. Hardlinesmaster

Hardlinesmaster Well-Known Member

3. Noiinteam

Noiinteam Well-Known Member

phibot, Rarejem and Hardlinesmaster like this.
  4. Kartman

Kartman Gimme Moar Ours!

Just don't tattoo your face or neck, and you'll be fine.

Did I say to not tattoo your face or neck?

Ahh, yes... I see I did.

Just say no!

Logo likes this.
  5. soyaxo

soyaxo Well-Known Memer

Lol, I have TMs who are just finding out I have tattoos at all because I usually wear long sleeves during this time of year. I am looking to add a few more this summer, though.

6. PaleIrishmen

PaleIrishmen Active Member

I'm waiting until I can afford the luxury before I start getting tattoos. I plan on getting a sleeve of all the favorite stuff in my childhood (I.E favorite video games, memories of shows, etc).

7. Logo

Logo Member

Agree with those that say yes to tattoos but not on face or neck limited hand one too! As far as piercings not a face of excessive facial piercings. I probably would not seek advice from someone resembling a bull.

8. Kartman

Kartman Gimme Moar Ours!

Neck-facial tattoos = Job Killers.

At least in this decade...

9. DoWork

DoWork Probably a Sociopath

Tattoos don't both me. Piercings don't, either. Ultimately, if someone enjoys something that does no harm to anyone else, they should have no negative consequences of it.

That being said, I think tattoos are useless -- ESPECIALLY names. If that's how you want to memorialize someone, ugh.

10. Kartman

Kartman Gimme Moar Ours!

Tattoos are very cool.

Don't go through Life w/o feeling the inklove delivered...

Then, the art!

11. brizzy93

brizzy93 Forever Overworked

A lot of the people I work with, TMs and up, don't know I have tattoos. I have a semi-big one on my forearm and people always ask if it's new. I'm just like lol no it's been on my arm since I was 18, I've been wearing long sleeves because winter. I do have some facial piercings tho, and stretched ears but no one has ever said anything about them to me. I even passed my TL interview with my old DTL before she was fired. I just want to express myself in a way that I like. I can understand why people would think that having body modifications would make you a bad worker, but it's false.

12. BrohemianRapcity

BrohemianRapcity Active Member

If I were to get tattoos I would get my favorite stuff on one sleeve like you said and the other sleeve be different tattoos each representing someone who has made an impact on my life and are important to me. Symbolically of course, I don't like portraits. Like a paw print of the imprint we got when my dog died, etc.

I've thought them all through, all it takes is to actually get them. If I decide to go through with it.

13. PaleIrishmen

Yeah, you can think them through properly or get a bunch of stupid ones like my sister.

14. brizzy93

But are they stupid to her? Because that's all that matters lol

soyaxo likes this.
  15. smashandthrash

smashandthrash The Baddest RC Driver in The West

I don't care.

Interviewers might care if they see tats. Or not. Your call.

16. Yetive

Yetive Servant of 2 Masters

We are judged by all sorts of things. Accent, clothes, size, makeup, no makeup, given name, hair, no hair, age, etc. It would seem prudent to stick with coverable tats if there is any doubt.

I am untattooed. I can't think of anything I would have had tattooed on me 25 years ago that I would still want on me now. I have hired plenty of people who have tattoos--no problem with other people having them, I just don't want any myself. That said, I judge the guy with the monster tat on his face.

17. Kartman

Kartman Gimme Moar Ours!

I love those types.

You INSTANTLY know that they are morons.

brizzy93 and Yetive like this.
  18. PaleIrishmen

She has a stupid ass nickname of a girl she was friends with 5 years ago, and they're no longer friends. she also has an ice-cream cone on the back of her hand.

19. Bosch

Bosch Well-Known Member

Names are only allowed if they are: Children, parents, and pets. If that name don't fit those three categories? Not for tattoo.

Your children, you either made, gave birth to or adopted. You are always the child of your parents good or bad. And your dog or cat will always be your dog or cat, they can cross the rainbow bridge but they are still your pet.

I have one name tattoo'd on me, my dog who crossed the Rainbow Bridge last year.. It is in the frame on a portrait of him I wear.

20. brizzy93

okay.. well... You got me there lol