Archived Promoting to ETL

Which role is the best to promote from?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What team lead role would you say is the best to promote to ETL from? Which role would give one the most "exposure" and ability to shine?

All opinions are welcome!

Make a red area green! Flow TL is changing right now. Of all the TLs to promote at my store, only 1 flow and that was at least 10 years ago.

We had a Sr. PPTL promote to ETL-Log, but he had a lot of exposure with three LOD shifts per week. I think it would have been much harder as just a regular PPTL.

We have 2 ETLs who were promoted within the last couple years. One was a salesfloor SRTL, the other a TPS. I would guess anyone could promote.

I've heard it doesn't matter from the people who recruit ETLs. However, I would imagine sales floor and backroom would you give you the most exposure to the entire sales process. Generally someone looking to advance to STL from ETL mostly have at least some experience as an ETL-LOG or ETL-Salesfloor from what I gather reading people's posts on here.

Had an ETL-HR move up to STL. Also seen a GE I believe.

The etl HR is the number two in power at most stores. They also best understand numbers and the inner workings of the business.

A lot of GSTLs become GEs but let's be honest the best way to become an etl is to come out of college.

While some are promoted to etl internally most come from outside the company

While some are promoted to etl internally most come from outside the company

Seems to be kind of half internal and half external in my store/district. Out of my store's five: two were external, one promotion from TM, one promotion from SrTL, and one moved from a corporate role.

run a green department. doesnt matter which, you can say you want to move up and have proof you're doing great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back