Does your target do this?

• Yes

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At my store a few of my ETLs like to make us push the line for hours when they are LOD. Usually its when our STL is in, actually.

Hours pushing takes over hours in my zone, so when i come back the zone is even worse than when i was trying to get it back together before(not only me also my coworkers).

Does this happen anywhere else??
Because it doesn't make sense to me. I know they want the line down but sacrificing the entire stores zones? Then we all have to try to rush after until close to try to pull it back together.

We have dedicated pushers but salesfloor will typically grab a single pull at about 2 and 6 for a smart huddle. I just grab a grocery pull and I'm usually done and back on task after a few minutes.

We do too but we still have been doing this. I try to do that too but doesn't always work out.

Zone as you push, straighten a couple things out on the shelf you are pushing to. It helps. But that line has to go out, otherwise it just backs up flow and the backroom. Flow needs the tubs, backroom needs to get to the back stock that needs to come back.

And right now pulls are heavy since you are selling heavy. So even the pushers are behind since guest traffic is heavy, pushing is taking forever. One pull, three calls and many more guest interruptions. And this is at one in the afternoon. My store yours may vary.

Im in softlines and there are rarely any softlines pulls and when there are, they're usually for ready to wear.

Then even still, learn your areas. Try to get a basic idea of what goes there and pay attention to when they change that planogram. If softlines is as decent as you say, you should have no problem doing your pulls and getting back to what your doing in a few minutes.

Prioritize, prioritize, prioritize.

some grocery stores call it "block and stock" .... block = zone ... so while you stock the shelves you zone that 4ft section ... always zone and push caf pulls ...
Lets all block and stock !!

We've been having major issues with this. Last night we had TM's pushing pulls until 10 o'clock at night. We basically just told them zone what they could. It's ridiculous especially since the STL will then get super irritated when the store looks like hell the next morning.

I know the hardlines tms at my store do the pulls and then zone when they're done. Usually there is someone separate or a cashier who does go backs during the afternoon. After zone, the tms are responsible for their areas go backs.

You guys will love this....

For a while they were having backroom push out the autofills. Had one person there til like 4 and then just a closer til 7 or 8 or something. Person leaves at 4 and then the 4's 5's and 6's would all be there with nobody to push. Sometimes the 3's as well, It was especially great when I worked in the middle of the week and had to do price change too at 6. Cant forgot about those myFAs either... Then whenever my STL is closing LOD he always LOVES...just LOVES....to make a bunch of EXF batches for backroom to pull. Because we have so much time amiright?

When I worked the other day I didnt have to do price change thankfully but from 12-6 cafs I pulled about 17 vehicles of product between some EXF and Autofills along with the Pfresh pulls which are another 5 vehicles. They had only 1 MAYBE a second person working them out and after I got done pulling the 6s there were , i kid you not, 8 packed vehicles on the line. After I got done with pulling those I took my break and came back to 8 MyFas and then a few more dropped in as I was puling those. Couldnt find a few so had to search high and low for em. Then finally did cardboard and left. Not sure who all worked out those pulls but it sure as shit wasnt me. I spent my whole shift doing pulls and myFas.

I work again this Saturday...the weekend before christmas. There better be someone else during the night or this guy is going to be in a seriously bad mood for how mismanaged it will be. Rediculous not having 2 closers for Backroom in December, especially now with the ship to store and MYFA BS

At my store, my ds backroom team stopped pushing pulls to the floor. There's no point. CAFs are larger which takes up most of our time. Barely have time to pull Research and POGs in a sufficient manner. My line is always full from autofills, CAFs, and other various. We stick to the basics during this holiday.

As for the floor, Toys and Grocery are our highly populated areas. Don't have enough people to keep the areas filled and zoned every hour. What makes it hilarious is that we still *somehow* don't have enough cashiers to stop getting more coverage from the floor. We still try our best.

I agree with the general sentiment. Having product on the floor takes priority over having it look pretty. Just zone as you go, it isn't very difficult. Not a deep zone, just little bits and pieces when you are putting up items.

Plus, I hate hearing "ALRIGHT TEAM THERE ARE 10 PULLS ON THE LINE, IF YOU AREN'T ALREADY WORKING ONE PLEASE COME BACK AND GRAB ONE" squawking over the walkie.

When I work a hardlines shift, I don't mind CAF blitzes unless it's for toys or seasonal. Other areas don't take too long and I can get back to my zone (provided I'm not spending 3 hours at the lanes because 1 cashier), plus it breaks up the monotony of zoning a tedious area like HBA.

Now that I'm mainly backroom, I love CAF blitzes because it means we have vehicles for the next round of CAFs. This time of year, an empty tub during CAF hours is like having a MyDevice with a full battery and a working scanner.

Zone? Why, when I was your age we zoned 3 times a day: noon, 4pm, and close, and that wasn't our main job, it was to push pulls. Then a few years later we zoned twice a day: noon and close. Then another couple of years later: "smart huddle" in 1 area, and close. Then it was "4x4s" and close.
I would love to work sales floor when the primary responsibility is to keep the store zoned. But it's always been to push (and help guests).

Sounds like a non team member.

No it's truth. If it is sitting in a box on a backroom shelf odds are its going to stay there unsold. Why it's important your In-Stocks team scans to fill outs and Research/CAF rounds get pushed. I can scan a flatbed worth of paper towels and not 15min after filling the empty shelf it needs filling again on a weekend.

Non TM, nope smart TM.

Zone? Why, when I was your age we zoned 3 times a day: noon, 4pm, and close, and that wasn't our main job, it was to push pulls. Then a few years later we zoned twice a day: noon and close. Then another couple of years later: "smart huddle" in 1 area, and close. Then it was "4x4s" and close.
I would love to work sales floor when the primary responsibility is to keep the store zoned. But it's always been to push (and help guests).
This is how my store is. We push pulls until 7 or 8 then zone for close. Do other stores not do it like this?

No it's truth. If it is sitting in a box on a backroom shelf odds are its going to stay there unsold. Why it's important your In-Stocks team scans to fill outs and Research/CAF rounds get pushed. I can scan a flatbed worth of paper towels and not 15min after filling the empty shelf it needs filling again on a weekend.

Non TM, nope smart TM.
Never mind...... I didn't use the sarcasm font.

Besides I am not of the 95% that doesn't care. I am part of the 5% who cares too much

Never mind...... I didn't use the sarcasm font.

Besides I am not of the 95% that doesn't care. I am part of the 5% who cares too much

No snark font, you get told. ;) I care too, it sucks when you watch your store take a crap no matter the reason cause those who care get stuck cleaning it up.

So unless they added more people this backroom shift is going to be hell. After 1 or so there is just me til 7 and then I think someone comes in from 3-7ish but they are pushing CAFS only I was told.....Sounds like its going to be a fantastic backroom shift tonight...SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back